Multi-Specialty Coder (Per Diem)
Job Locations US-Virtual/Remote
Job ID 2019-1551
# of Openings 1
Category Medical Coding
Minimum Hours Varies
Multi-Specialty Medical Coding Specialist
Are you interested in joining one of the nation’s leading providers of medical coding services that is experiencing impressive year-over-year growth? Aviacode is nationally recognized as one of the top medical coding companies in KLAS and Black Book Market Research surveys. Here is your opportunity to be part of this exciting team. We are hiring now and have an immediate need for Multi-Specialty Coders per diem with flexible hours. This is a work from home/remote position.
This position will provide high quality E/M, procedure and surgery coding across multiple specialties. This position also provides education to providers related to coding. The position will focus on several different specialties, including OB/GYN, Orthopedic Surgery, Pediatrics, Neurology and others. Coder will not need to know all specialties, but must have at least three specialties and be able to code E/M AND office procedure AND surgery for each of the specialties maintained.
- Current CPC or equivalent through the AAPC or AHIMA required
- Must have at least two years of active E/M coding experience for multiple specialties. This experience must include coding POS 11, 21, 22, coding of in-office procedures across multiple specialties and must be able to code all types of E/M visits
- Must have at least two years of active surgery coding experience
- Must be able to maintain a 95% accuracy rate
- Coders for this role must provide their own computer with a Professional Windows 10 Based Operating System (MAC is not compatible) and dual monitors