Motion Graphics, Video Editor at VideoLink
Motion Graphics/Video Editor (remote)
At VideoLink, we pride ourselves on our superior customer service, passion for excellence, spirit of teamwork, and the focus on continued innovation. Our employees are the people who enable us to deliver on those values every business day. That’s why we’re always on the lookout for talented, ambitious people who can make a substantial contribution to our team of smart, down-to-earth, hardworking professionals.
Our Managed Services team offers lots of room for growth! We support each other on and off the road. In the process, you’ll have daily opportunities to develop your individual skills, become an expert of the dynamic corporate video and AV industry, and be part of an innovative organization.
We offer a competitive package and a balanced culture. We love what we do and hope you do too – come join us!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
VideoLink is a prominent Boston-area video production company looking to add an established editor to our in-house team. As the content production arm of our business grows, we’re looking for a seasoned pro with a mix of experience, talent, and passion to join our team. The right candidate will be an editor first and foremost, but they’ll also have the talent and desire to participate in multiple facets of the creative process that extend beyond the edit room. We’re looking for someone whose can see beyond the boundaries of what corporate video currently is, and can bring their experience and interest in television, film, music, photography, new media, and other inspirations into the edit suite on a regular basis. This position will play a key role in helping our company chart a path towards industry leadership in the use of B2B and B2C video for content marketing.
We’re looking for a dynamic, multi-talented editor with a mix of experience, talent, and passion to join our team to support a fast-growing, high-profile, corporate newsroom and event division. The right candidate will thrive in the fast-paced environment of news-style programming. They’ll also be able to step outside of the hustle and bustle of quick turnaround roll-ins, bumpers, and graphics and provide high-level insight into designing editorial content and motion graphics for motion graphics, branding, and roll in content for live events. Interest in the worlds of national and international politics, current affairs, and finance are key, as is the ability to contribute to the team vision on how to shape and evolve the editorial content and the daily workflows of this highly visible, fast-growing division.
- Edit news-style corporate video packages
- Design & create contemporary motion graphics animations
- Edit show openers, sizzle reels, and short-form interview content on complex subject matter.
- Contribute conceptual ideas on editorial content for a wide range of programming and events
- Establish workflows, timelines, and review processes for all editorial content
- Maintain provided edit system hardware and software
- Coordinate file delivery and maintain data organization
- Develop workflows to best serve the client
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Established portfolio of corporate and news work
- Established portfolio of 2D broadcast-style motion graphics animations
- Experience with 3D news-style motion graphics
- Knowledge of current events and current standards of news programming
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Strong motion graphics/After Effects /visual design skills
- Proven ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Experience with high profile brands in multiple verticals
- A dedication to your craft and passion for productions of all kinds of creative media
- Strong technical editing skills
- Ability to provide creative/design concepts to new client projects in pre-production phase
- Knowledge and execution of file management systems
- Strong leadership skills interacting with co-workers, clients, guests, and vendors.
- Superb customer service skills; professional performance and cooperation that serves as a role model for all. Ability to maintain a positive attitude, even under stress.
- Track record of being organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and working well in a team atmosphere as well as having the capability to work well individually, is essential.
- Strong work ethic, self-direction, self-motivation, patience, persistence and the ability to get along with coworkers and customers.
- Mature judgment to make sound decisions based on objective evidence, customer and VideoLink needs, and cost considerations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including necessary paper and/or computer documentation.
- College degree in video production, graphic design or similar field.
- Certificates in post-production or graphic design.
- Experience with Ross graphics systems
- Editing software: Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects, ProTools, and other audio and video editing programs.
- Ability to design and work with outside vendors for music production, audio post-production, voice-overs, graphics production.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and basic IT knowledge.
WHY YOU’LL LIKE WORKING HERE
- Medical benefits, including vision and dental.
- PTO days (vacation, sick days, and personal days) and paid holidays.
- Enjoyable and ever-changing company culture.
- Training and professional development opportunities
If your interest and skills match the needs of the position, please apply online. Compensation commensurate with experience. Please state salary expectations in cover letter.
VideoLink affirms in policy and in practice that all employment decisions will be based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.