Title: Remote- Mortgage Underwriter
Location: US-USA Offsite-USA Offsite
Sutherland is seeking an attentive and goal-oriented person to join us as a Mortgage Underwriters to join our dynamic team. If you are a self-motivated, team-oriented and career-oriented person who seeks to achieve a high level of success, then do not miss this opportunity! We provide paid training to prepare you for success in this position. Our industry-leading benefits are just one way that we invest in our team to enhance your phenomenal career opportunities.
As a Mortgage Underwriter, you will be responsible for approval/decline decisions on incoming applications consistent with internal, client and investor policies. Underwriters also analyze employment profile, credit strength, property characteristics, and all other information pertinent to the credit decision process on each mortgage application, as presented by the broker.
As a Mortgage Underwriter you will also have the opportunity to:
- Apply internal guidelines and investor guidelines to the credit decision process.
- Prioritize deals in Workflow queue in order to minimize turnaround time.
- Using the underwriting system, input: selected conditions, credit information, property details, and borrower information.
- Verify accuracy of supporting employment, down payment, appraisal, and financial documentation received.
- Review documentation for compliance with internal and regulatory guidelines.
- Correspond with processors to attain outstanding documentation needed to complete requirements as stipulated on the commitment.
Our most successful candidates have:
- High School diploma or GED; College degree preferred.
- 3-5 years prior Retail or Correspondent Front Line Mortgage Underwriting required.
- Prior experience with FNMA/FHLMC guidelines required; Portfolio/Private Investor experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with mortgage rates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Multi-tasking skills, showcased through the use of several applications; experience working with AUS applications preferred.
- Basic PC keyboarding skills; basic Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) experience required.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, flexible, team-oriented, organized and prompt. We re looking for someone who will be here, on time, for every shift, ready to succeed in a fast-paced work environment.