Mortgage Closer III at Computershare
Mortgage Closer III
Remote – (200001I5)
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to shape our business as a Mortgage Closer Coordinator III
A COMPANY TO BE PROUD OF
This role will be dedicated to the LenderLive Network business line within Computershare Loan Services. In January 2019, Computershare acquired LenderLive Network, LLC to further enhance our ability to support mortgage lenders and investors through each stage of the mortgage lifecycle in the U.S.
At Computershare we invite you to share our vision and commitment to excellence in everything that we do. Our 12,000 people around the globe are entrepreneurial and innovative, serving 16,000 clients and customers with precision and reliability because they count on us to deliver, every time.
Computershare (ASX: CPU) is a global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, mortgage servicing, proxy solicitation and stakeholder communications. We also specialize in corporate trust, bankruptcy, class action and utility administration, and a range of other diversified financial and governance services.
Founded in 1978, Computershare is renowned for its expertise in high integrity data management, high volume transaction processing and reconciliations, payments and stakeholder engagement. Many of the world’s leading organizations use us to streamline and maximize the value of relationships with their investors, employees, creditors and customers.
Computershare is represented in all major financial markets and has over 12,000 employees worldwide.
DIVERSITY IS A STRENGTH
Across our global team, we see diversity as a source of strength. The more perspectives we have, the better equipped we’ll be to meet the demands of our diverse global customer base. We want every person who joins out team, every customer and every supplier to feel welcome. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected be applicable law. That applies throughout our company, around the world with no exceptions, regardless of differences. We will hire, develop, reward, promote and retain people purely on the basis of their talents, commitment, potential and the results they achieve. We will work hard to make sure everyone is included within our organization, removing barriers and obstacles to give everyone an equal opportunity to succeed.
Our key values – Certainty, Ingenuity and Advantage – drive everything we do: you can count on us to deliver with precision and reliability, every time. We look beyond today’s problems to find tomorrow’s solutions, focusing on finding new and better way to unlock your competitive edge and help you achieve your business goals.
A ROLE YOU WILL LOVE
The Mortgage Closer is responsible for communication with Private Bankers and Closing Agents for coordination of closings, preparing accurate loan closing documents in order to have a fully compliant mortgage loan.
This is a remote, work from home opportunity.
- Work in a fast pace environment closing high net worth loans
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Verify that required accurate closing documentation is in file that is needed to close
- Communicate, as point of contact, with Private Bankers about closing schedule and answer questions about closing
- Communicate with title companies to gather information for accurate Closure Disclosure preparation; and coordinate delivery of the documents
- Thorough working knowledge of TRID Guidelines
- Communicate with the title company on outstanding closing conditions required to fund the loan
- Verify that closing documents are signed and dated accurately and according to lender instructions
- Prepare funds requests so that mortgage loan funds are delivered to the title company for funds disbursement
- Coordinate with other associates to create seamless closing process for client
- Handle closing issues and/or complaints from clients regarding the closing process and escalate closing issues to team management
- Implement company processes during closing process for highest level of customer service
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee will view, have access to, and work with confidential financial data. The employee in this position must adhere to strict confidentiality policies and procedures
- Perform related duties as requested
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Assume responsibility for complex closing or post-closing issues
- Analytical ability to evaluate consequences of loan closing guidelines and make recommendations
- Detailed knowledge FNMA/FHLMC/FHA/VA programs and guidelines, as well as conventional investors
- Detailed knowledge of compliance regulation
- Knowledge to respond to post-closing and loan quality audits
- Monitor closing percentage, capacity and timelines effectively
- Perform daily proactive workflow management, participate in client calls as requested, handle escalated issues, make decisions regarding risk assessment at the post-closing stage
- Provide one on one work with new closers, report and monitor scheduled loan transactions
- Review closing queue and make decisions regarding priority and rushes
- Stay abreast of state and federal laws, compliance and investor guidelines
- Take on more complex and problematic transactions
- Demonstrated ability to work with a pleasant, reliable and reasonable approach
- Interpersonal skills
- Handle escalated issues, problem solving skills
- Prioritize according to deadlines and client due dates
- Understanding of FNMA/FHLMC/FHA/VA programs and guidelines, as well as those of other conventional investors, state/local bond programs and private mortgage insurers
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments in a positive and professional manner
- Experience with heavy customer or loan officer interaction
- Mortgage operations experience
- Microsoft Office skills – effective
- Organizational skills with attention to detail – effective
- Phone etiquette & communication skills, both verbal and written – effective
- Prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Proficient in third party systems usage
- Proven experience working in a fast paced, high volume, customer focused environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Time management and problem solving skills-effective
- Work under time-driven deadlines
- Work well under pressure
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience working on FNMA/FHLMC/FHA/VA programs and guidelines, as well as those of other conventional investors, state/local bond programs and private mortgage insurers
- 5+ years of experience in mortgage lending / closing role, able to take on production or workflow oversight
- 3+ years of operating proficiently as a Closing Coordinator 2 or equivalent
- Clear knowledge and understanding of an outsourcer’s role and responsibilities in a mortgage transaction
Ability to read/interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; write routine reports and correspondence; and speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, and amortization.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
REWARDS AS UNIQUE AS YOU
- A choice medical insurance plans designed to meet your needs
- Dental & Vision insurance
- Life & Disability insurance
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid time off – You’ll accrue 3 weeks your first year!
- Nine Holidays
- $1,000 Employee Referral Program
- Wellness programs
- Matching 401(k)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Banking and investments plans
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Employee discounts for wellness, auto & homeowners insurance, wireless service and more…
Primary Location: United States
Other Locations: United States
Work Locations: Denver – Lucent Blvd
8742 Lucent Blvd Suite 300
Highlands Ranch 80129
Mortgage Services Operations
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!