Money Writer (Contract)
Mic is a diverse news and media company for young people. Our mission is to inform, inspire, and empower our generation to make change happen. Each month, more than 65 million young people rely on Mic to make sense of the world.
Mic is looking for a highly motivated, passionate writer for our Money team. This applicant should have experience reporting and writing core personal finance stories, with clips that demonstrate original sourcing and provide sharp, original advice. The contractor will spend three to four months with Mic, during which time they’ll help grow our comprehensive coverage of money topics, from credit card debt to money saving tips.
This is a part-time contract position and writers are required to work remotely.
- Write clean, high-quality copy quickly and accurately under tight deadlines
- Be able to follow proper protocol around sourcing
- Strong knowledge of SEO best practices, or be willing to learn
- Ability to write comfortably and competently about money and personal finance
- Willing to work evenings and weekends on a flexible schedule
- Strong knowledge of AP style
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or English preferred — financial background is a plus