Money Coach at Ellevest
- Location: Remote
About This Position
As a Money Coach with Ellevest, you will have the opportunity to help shape our clients’ experience with our 1:1 money-related services, working closely with your colleagues on the Advisory Services team to deliver and scale the experience. You will participate in individual client-facing and community engagements over the phone and via webinars, bringing with you a comfort with those forms of communication and your knowledge from 2+ years of work on financial planning issues such as cash flow management (budgeting) and debt repayment. You may have also worked with clients on saving for retirement and other major financial goals. Your coaching mindset and encouraging educational approach will help clients make independent and informed decisions about their financial goals and stay on track to achieve those goals over time. While this position does not require you to bring on your own clients, your sales-friendly attitude will be an asset to a quickly growing line of business. The icing on the cake (but not a necessity) is your experience and comfort with speaking to groups of 20+ people via webinars.
- Provide financial education and guidance to clients via 1:1 phone sessions and email on topics including budgeting, debt repayment, and emergency funding, and possibly retirement planning, saving/investing for other goals, and in limited amounts, insurance and estate planning, depending on your experience
- Collaborate with Advisory Services team members to maintain a financial planning experience with a consistent methodology, philosophy, and process
- Support the development of the financial planning client experience, including collaborating on content for articles or workbooks, assistance in creating webinars or other presentations, building community with our clients, and implementation of technology to help scale our services
- Collaborate with our support, product, and design teams on the various Ellevest platforms (website, mobile app, etc.) to help improve client experience
- Potentially present educational workshops and webinars to groups of 20+ people in a variety of settings (clients, prospects, non-profits, corporate employees, professional associations, etc.) via webinar
- Comply with Ellevest procedures and guidelines, and uphold our documentation and organizational standards to meet compliance requirements
- Promote professional and team development by maintaining an in-depth understanding of financial planning, capital markets and the financial services industry; stay aware of significant changes or developments (e.g. taxation, regulatory, legal, competitive, technical) within the fields of investments and financial services
- A Series 65 license or CFP certification that is current and active
- 2 years minimum of financial planning experience serving Gen X/Gen Y clients (college internships or volunteer work are acceptable)
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, high emotional intelligence, and the ability to translate complex financial topics to audiences of different levels of experience and knowledge
- Experience relying on and adapting to new technology, especially in a remote setting
- Willingness to partner with the Ellevest brand and forgo any potential conflicts with existing brands in order to best serve Ellevest clientele
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic remote work environment. This includes working independently and on a team, as well as the ability and willingness to pivot when something is not working to try a new strategy
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with an easy-to-use app and website backed by a gender-smart algorithm that factors in things like longer lifespans, pay gaps, and career breaks. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, and author of Own It: The Power of Women at Work. Ellevest has raised $70MM from investors like Rethink Impact, Pivotal Ventures, Valerie Jarrett, Salesforce Ventures, PayPal Ventures, MasterCard, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, and Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, and retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account a woman’s longer lifespan and different salary curve, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevest’s unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, and operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team and working environment where individuals can succeed professionally and personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, and to have room for fun and fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent and teamwork, and team is the most important thing to us.
In 2019, Ellevest was named as one of LinkedIn’s 50 Hottest Companies to Work For, as well as a spot on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list, identifying start-ups on the cutting edge of huge consumer, tech and business shifts both for the second year in a row. In 2017, Ellevest was named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Ideas, and CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrow’s household names. We are working every day to make this a reality, and create a brand and a service that closes the female money gap.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!