Merchandise Planning Analyst at Black Tux
Merchandise Planning Analyst
MERCHANDISING & PLANNING
- The Black Tux is reinventing the formalwear rental industry so people can show up at their best on the days that matter most.
- The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free.
- Using a combination of machine learning, tailor-trained fit specialists, and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time.
- To stay ahead of the growing demand and changing customer preferences, we are looking for a Merchandise Planning Analyst to join our Merchandising and Planning team.
- This is a newly created position that will be an integral role in the Merchandising and Planning team who will focus on developing processes and tools that support The Black Tux inventory goals. The ideal candidate is someone who is naturally curious, has a positive attitude and collaborates well with others.
- Our business is growing and changing rapidly, and your work will have a significant impact on our ability to translate Demand side signals into Supply side actions.
- Your work product and insights will be leveraged by cross functional partners primarily on the Operations, Finance, Supply Chain, and Merchandising/Planning Teams.
- This role will report to the Senior Merchandise Planner and will also work closely with the VP of Merchandising and Planning.
What You’ll Do
- Refine dynamic supply and demand models to optimize
- The Black Tux’s inventory investment relative to forecasted demand
- Run weekly merchandise level sales reporting and provide insights, analysis and action steps ensure inventory levels are meeting expectations
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop optimal raw material and finished goods supply chain positions
- Optimize size level inventory investments to maximize in stock availability as well as inventory turns/utilization
- Provide short, mid and long-term guidance to Supply Chain partners to effectively communicate sourcing needs at the vendor, product and material level
- Optimize inventory across demand channels and locations at the product/fit/size level
- Support inventory needs and assortment optimization for TBT Showrooms, Nordstrom stores and David’s Bridal stores
- Partner with manager and VP on various projects as needed
Who You Are
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in Merchandise Planning
- Possess a clear understanding of retail measurements (e.g. sales, weeks of supply, inventory turn, sell through, etc.) and how to impact them
- Strong analytic, problem solving and judgement skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Google Suite and experience with Tableau and Anaplan a plus
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with peers and cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Benefits and Perks of Working at The Black Tux
- We pay people equally and based on market compensation data
- We provide a 401(k) plan through Betterment
- Our full-time employees receive stock options and have a stake in the company
- We provide our full-time employees with Evergreen stock option grants every 2.5 years
- Our Health, dental and vision plans are competitive, and we cover 100% of employee coverage and 50% of dependents
- Open vacation time
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Daily commuter reimbursement
- Dog friendly HQ
- Complimentary dry cleaning & tailoring services
- TBT Women’s Group
- TBT Diversity and Inclusion Group
- Weekly catered lunches
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Stocked Kitchen & pantry
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Monthly employee events and trainings
- Free suit rentals
We’re an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Our people are the most important asset to us. Our benefits, perks, pay and culture reflect this in every decision we make.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!