Membership Manager at Galapagos Conservancy
- Position: Membership Manager
- Location: Remote (nationwide U.S.) / Eastern Standard Time Zone (preferred)
- Full time
Galapagos Conservancy seeks a resourceful and self-motivated Membership Manager to support, develop, and implement strategies to cultivate and retain donors, renew and enhance gifts, and generate revenue in line with our organizations’ programmatic needs. This new role will focus on providing superb donor engagement that contributes to a meaningful culture of philanthropy for Galapagos Conservancy’s supporters while maintaining a clear view of organizational strategy. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work independently and collaboratively, juggle multiple priorities, and take initiative with minimal supervision. The position reports to the Director of Philanthropy and works closely with Galapagos Conservancy’s Outreach Department.
About Galapagos Conservancy
For over 35 years, Galapagos Conservancy has led a collaborative effort to balance both conservation and a thriving community in one of the world’s most remarkable ecosystems. We work with an international network of top-tier scientists, policymakers, and Galapagos residents on programs focused on wildlife and ecosystem restoration, saving endangered species, and sustainability education in the islands. Please visit our website at www.galapagos.org to find out more about our work.
- Supports the Director of Philanthropy in developing and executing year-round donor engagement strategies, including membership prospecting, solicitation, cultivation, acknowledgment, and retainment.
- Provides exceptional relationship-building service to members via phone, face-to-face, email, and post interactions.
- Maintains and builds member profiles in EveryAction, Galapagos Conservancy’s CRM system.
- Contributes to the creation of fundraising materials as a member of the Outreach & Philanthropy Team.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
How to Apply: Application deadline is May 31, 2021. Resumes and cover letters that include salary aspirations may be submitted via Workable. Interviews with selected candidates will commence immediately.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience).
- A minimum of three years of experience in nonprofit donor relations.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- A commitment and passion for Galapagos Conservancy’s mission.
- Experience with nonprofit CRMs and donor research tools.
- Experience fundraising for a wildlife or environmental conservation organization.
This is a full-time position. Salary is competitive based on skills and experience, and there exists significant room for advancement, based on performance. A generous benefits package includes: health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, and Simple IRA plan.
Salary Range: $45k – $65k. All applicants are required to list desired salary when submitting a resume.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!