Member Engagement Products Manager
Member Engagement Products Manager
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Responsible for the vision, design, development, management or sunsetting of new or existing products. Reviews product performance against expectations and facilitates or influences changes to product portfolio to improve competitive position and optimal product performance. May work with internal or external business constituents to determine product future direction or respond to product inquiries. May be project-based and involve working within multiple product functions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide product vision and oversee product roadmap for the entire life of the product
- Monitor market and industry trends related to the product
- Review, approve, and prioritize tickets/requests/issues including backlog.
- Work with development to translate strategic vision into Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Provide marketing/sales staff with the support/resources required to enable the sales process (e.g. presentation templates, sales collateral, RFPs, partnering on sales presentation/demos, issue resolution, event support)
- Develop/deliver/ensure product training/education for applicable internal and external audiences (e.g., sales team, health plans, brokers, vendors), collaborating with appropriate stakeholders as needed (e.g., training staff, sales leadership, subject matter experts)
- Adhere to or champion use of applicable product development guidelines/procedures
- Identify and mitigate applicable risks associated with product implementation (e.g., regulatory concerns)
- Ensure development of the capabilities needed to meet product strategies and plans (e.g., technology, operational services, consulting, capacity management)
- Develop/manage/oversee project plans to drive implementation of product programs
- Develop required product collateral, in collaboration with applicable business partners (e.g., Marketing, Clinical, Legal, Regulatory)
- Ensure that project documentation is current and communicated to applicable stakeholders (e.g., project plans, project tools)
- Ensure that identified issues/problems are addressed prior to product launch (e.g., monitor product testing activities as
- Ensure readiness of all internal and external functional business partners to ensure a successful product launch
- Monitor and evaluate product performance on an ongoing basis, using applicable performance metrics (e.g., operational metrics, win/loss analysis, growth analysis, channel performance), and recommend appropriate action (e.g., revisions, sunsetting)
- Terminate/sunset products as appropriate, based on profitability, customer requirements, operational requirements and service specifications
- Collaborate with functional stakeholders to ensure appropriate resolution of identified problems/issues
- Manage client-specific requests, as needed (e.g., exceptions, customizations)
- Provide consulting on proposed product customizations, based on specific customer or market requirements and evolving business needs
- Provide product support/monitoring to address ongoing questions and known issues (e.g., product patch strategies) .
Required professional experience & Professional Competencies
- 5+ years of PBM experience (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant work experience may be considered)
- Analytical and critical thinking, Accountability, Strategic thinking and planning, leading a team, Mentoring, Attention to detail, Organizational skills, Customer service focused, Desire to be challenged, Working in a face-paced environment
- Knowledge of Healthcare, Pharmacy, and Pharmacy Benefit Management industries, Medicare Part D, and CMS regulations is a big, fat, happy plus.
- Computer proficient, you know how to use Microsoft Office Suite of products, and have plenty of internet experience (the digitally modern obvious necessity)
- You must be able to communicate effectively (read, write, speak, argue, dream and beyond) in English (Spanish is a plus)
- required education, training & Licensure/certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Certificate of No Penal record.
- HIPAA, both Security & Privacy; Confidentiality, & Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA)*
- Must be able to lift a minimum 10 pounds.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a large part of the work day.
The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access other employees, file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- An employee must be able to talk, hear, and see, and must be able to grasp objects.
- Visual acuity is necessary in order to read and write handwritten and typewritten materials and view a computer terminal.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer).
- Use of hands (specifically fingers) is necessary for appropriate and efficient computer use.
abarca health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in the job application or interview are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test, background investigation and, depending on position requirements, an analytical exam and/or a Department of Defense background investigation.