Medical Question Editor at Osmosis
Medical Question Editor (Part-Time, Contract)
Who We Are
Osmosis is the fastest growing company sitting at the intersection of healthcare and education, with the sole purpose of uniting the two to impact people’s lives. We believe that everyone who cares for someone can learn by Osmosis and collectively, we can develop a more caring world by developing the most caring people.
What You’ll Do
As part of the Osmosis Team, the Question Editor will work with the Content Team to deliver the best learning experience possible for our learners. While we love key results, key performance indicators, and goals to keep us organized and on track, at our size and stage, all roles will evolve. Successful candidates will adapt with our ever changing organization.
As a Question Editor, you will work closely with our question writing team, which consists of other question writers, editors, and reports to our Sr. Content Manager for Questions. The questions you edit will be uploaded to our robust, growing Osmosis question bank. Sometimes, you’ll be asked to participate in team meetings and discussions where you get to interact with members from the video team and many others.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Perform a content review of newly written USMLE questions for accuracy, including updating clinical vignettes as necessary to depict realistic clinical scenarios.
- Review and correct phrasing in explanation sections to ensure clarity of teaching points.
- Attend team meetings as needed and regular check-ins with the question writing team and Sr. Content Manager for Questions.
Who You Are
- Must be a Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) or equivalent
- Must have strong writing ability
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Preferred: A background in medical question writing
How You Work
- Receptive to constructive feedback on style and substance
- You have access to a work environment that is conducive to working remotely (stable internet connection and computer)
- Can dedicate 20 – 30 hours of work per week
- Mission and Value Aligned. You resonate with our organizational values and embody them daily. You are motivated to help us achieve our common goals and shared vision!
- Adaptable. You embrace the scrappy startup mentality. You are flexible and versatile with changes to projects, goals, and strategies. You are comfortable working in an entirely virtual environment.
- Proactive. You seek out new ways to problem-solve both solo or with your team members. You work diligently to produce excellent results, even with limited time and resources.
- Growth mindset-oriented. You are constantly learning and applying these learnings to your craft. You work through change and obstacles to reach resolutions and value the power of “not yet.”
- Solutions Oriented. You see problems as opportunities to act. You love proposing solutions and lean towards problem-solving action.
- Reliable. You get things done on time and if you drop the ball, you’re the first to pick it up. You hold yourself accountable and take ownership for mistakes.
- Caring Communicator. You know the importance of clear, thoughtful communication in a fully distributed environment. You can navigate crucial conversations through mindfully listening to others and clearly expressing your needs.
- This is a contract, fully remote position.
- You must be willing to dedicate 20-30 hours per week on a regular basis.
- You must regularly be available during Eastern Standard Time (UTC – 5).
One of our values is to “Open Your Arms.” In line with this, Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
If you have any specific needs that may require a different method for application submission, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!