Medical Oncologist at Syapse
Syapse is a real-world evidence company on a mission to improve outcomes for cancer patients. By integrating complete, longitudinal, and continuously updated real-world patient data, we can provide unique insights into patients’ care journeys. Our advantage derives from a decade of partnership with the world’s largest Learning Health Network of innovation-driven healthcare systems.
Syapse enables providers to operationalize precision medicine and deliver the best care today to their patients while helping life sciences companies and regulators accelerate the development and approval of new therapies for patients tomorrow. Together we are working toward a future in which all cancer patients have access to the best precision care.
About the role
Syapse has created a large real-world evidence (RWE) set which aggregates and standardizes patient clinical history and molecular profiling results with treatments and outcomes from multiple sources. This unparalleled comprehensive data set can be used to extract insights such as new treatment paradigms and more efficient research pathways.
As a physician with oncology expertise, you will provide subject matter expertise and clinical leadership to augment our efforts to develop a strategy for, and demonstrate the research and clinical value of Real World Data (RWD) and Real World Evidence (RWE) in advancing the standard of medical care. You’re comfortable bridging clinical needs with technology solutions and excited to put the clinical impact into context. You’ll also have strong working knowledge about current issues impacting cancer care and are specifically well versed in the application of precision medicine within oncology.
You will also be expected to engage in research projects, especially observational research focused on RWD/RWE; this will include appropriate research presentations and publications.
What You’ll Accomplish
This role will allow engagement in ground-breaking work within the rapidly evolving field of RWD/RWE, with a focus on precision medicine in oncology. Other urgent healthcare challenges will be addressed through the application of RWD/RWE, to include COVID-19. This work will be conducted with leading stakeholders within health systems, the life sciences, and the US FDA.
Things you’ll accomplish in your first year
- Develop and maintain prioritized disease cohorts
- Collaborate with teammates to complete Learning Health Network (LHN) COVID-19 in cancer RWD analyses, in collaboration with both Health Systems, US FDA, and others (e.g. FOCR & RUF); successfully presenting and publishing results.
- Support clinical trials matching services within LHN and driving significant adoption of clinical trials matching services by health systems.
- Independently function as a clinical oncology SME
- Provide: Clinical thought leadership for key strategic initiatives and partnerships
- Share clinical data insights internally to enhance our shared understanding
What you bring to the table
- MD or equivalent degree
- Board certification in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology
- Strong team player, self motivated, and thrive in ambiguity.
- Strong understanding of clinical & molecular data and its application to cancer care.Research experience from Life Sciences or Bio Sciences (FDA, NIH interaction is a plus)
- Formal training and/or experience in epidemiology/population science is a plus
- Post-fellowship experience in clinical practice and/or clinical research
- Familiarity with oncology IT systems used for patient care
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!