Medical Journal Copy Editor at Graphic World - GW
Freelance Medical Journal Copy Editor
- Part-time, Contract
GW, a leading publishing vendor, is actively recruiting freelance copyeditors for nursing/medical/health science journals. The majority of our work follows AMA style (the journals follow an individual style as well), so we need copyeditors who are reliable, experienced, consistent, and flexible. If that’s you, keep reading!
Project schedules vary, but most projects require editing of 200-250 manuscript pages per week (at a speed of at least 10 manuscript pages per hour).
Your main responsibilities would include:
- Typecoding the manuscript for the compositor
- Correcting all spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors
- Editing content to match AMA and journal-specific styles
- Ensuring consistency in word style throughout
- Cross-checking all table, figure, and box citations against the actual tables, figures, and boxes
- Ensuring all references (if any) are cited in the text
You would not interact with the authors.
Think you have what it takes? Here’s what we need from you!
- Experience editing textbooks or journals
- Strong proficiency in AMA style
- Robust knowledge of Microsoft Word including familiarity with Track Changes, formatting tables, and application or removal of styles.
- Strict adherence to meeting or beating deadlines. The editing stage can have enormous impact on the entire production process, and we want to start each project off on the right foot!
- Ability to work efficiently and within a budget. As a vendor, we must work within the confines of our clients’ budgets, so being able to work efficiently is key.
Here’s what gives you a leg up!
- 2+ years’ experience editing medical textbooks or journals
- Experience creating macros or other automating tools
All applicants must be located in the United States.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!