Medical Instructor – Psychiatry at Kaplan
Title: USMLE Med Instructor – Psychiatry (PT)
Location: Remote/Nationwide USA
Kaplan Medical Faculty teach health care content to prepare applicants to take, pass, and score well on health licensure examinations.
- Deliver engaging specialty content to students that will effectively help them prepare for their licensure exams.
- Interact with students in a professional manner.
- Incorporate content revisions as needed, respond to scheduling requests in a timely manner, arrive at the appointed time, deliver the assigned content in the allotted time, and address student questions.
- Make use of current teaching technology such as Adobe Connect and PowerPoint.
- M.D., D.O., D.D.M., D.D.S., Pharm.D., P.A., or Ph.D.
- Preferred 5 years of experience teaching health care students studying to become eligible for the applicable licensure examination or 5 years of experience working with health care students in the clinical settings.
- Non-Ph.D. applicants must have successfully passed the applicable licensure examination.
- Inactive medical licenses will be considered on a case by case basis if they are due to non-disciplinary action.
- Ph.D. applicants must hold a current teaching position in a degree granting institution for health care students studying to become eligible for the applicable licensure examination.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Content expertise in a domain that is a major component of a licensure exam blueprint.
- Effective and efficient communication of knowledge.
- Ability to assess an audience s level of understanding and adjust a presentation on the fly to correct misunderstandings.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to engage and motivate an audience.
- Experience writing medical education content, learning objectives, and board-style writing assessment items.
BENEFITS OF TEACHING FOR KAPLAN MEDICAL
- Faculty receive compensation for practice class simulation time in advance of teaching to help them to build their teaching and presenting skills.
- Competitive Hourly Teaching Rates.
- Ongoing support and development opportunities as needed.
- Kaplan offers flexibility to work with your schedule.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!