Medical Editor at Viscira
- San Francisco, California or Remote
WE ARE OPEN TO REMOTE EMPLOYEES FOR THIS POSITION
Viscira is an innovative, fast-growing company dedicated to the development of new-media communication solutions and interactive software applications for the life sciences industry. Our current clients include major pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
The Medical Editor is an integral member of the Editorial Services (ES) department, ensuring the editorial accuracy and integrity of deliverables to our clients. He or she supports medical writers as they shepherd content from conception through production, review, revision, and final submission. The Medical Editor liaises with content, design, production, development, and account management teams; supervises the work of independent contractors; and provides support to Medical Production Editors in the submission of materials into our clients’ medical/legal/regulatory (MLR) review systems. It is expected that this individual will be capable of consistently delivering high-quality products on time and within budget. This position reports to the Director of Editorial Services.
- Edit (from substantive to line editing), fact-check, and proofread a wide range of deliverables, including animation storyboards, slide decks, clinical case studies, mobile apps, video scripts, and website manuscripts
- Work collaboratively with writers, producers, designers, video and animation artists, and developers during the content development, production, and reviewing stages, facilitating resolutions to conflicts in style, content, and design
- Supervise independent editors and proofreaders effectively
- Maintain and disseminate Viscira’s editorial style guide
- Collaborate with ES team members in the conception, documentation, and consistent application of processes in content development, ensuring efficient and streamlined systems
- Gather and maintain information in project portfolios for each assigned project
- Serve as administrator for ES information systems
- Assist in the preparation and uploading of materials to client-specified MLR submissions systems to ensure that materials are compliant with established client standards
- Other projects as assigned.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- BA/BS in English or a science discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in publishing as an editor
- Superior skills in copyediting and proofreading
- Experience adhering to specified editorial and design styles, with the ability to adapt to different styles, when necessary
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of attention to detail with excellent organizational and project management skills and a proven ability to multitask and adhere to timelines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and digital devices (e.g., iPad)
- Must be proactive and able to problem-solve, providing alternative solutions as changes arise during a project
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and dynamic environment, with a wide variety of professional staff
- Strong social skills, including tact, diplomacy, assertiveness, flexibility, cooperation, and respect
- Experience in medical editing, particularly at a healthcare advertising agency, promotional medical education firm, pharmaceutical company, or web/mobile app development firm
- Familiarity with the American Medical Association (AMA) Manual of Style
- Experience using ProofHQ proofing software
We are extremely proud of our diverse team and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information or prior arrest and conviction records (pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance).
Viscira is an equal opportunities employer AA M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Viscira will not accept any resumes or profiles from Third-party vendors.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!