Medical Editor Transcriptionist – TEMP (Bilingual French, English)
Virtual United States Laboratories
- Virtual Canada
Data entry with duties of a medical editor following after data entry trained.
Job Description Summary
In-house/at-home position that will use extensive medical terminology and transcription experience to listen to and edit pre-dictated medical pathology reports through the Dictaphone PowerScribe voice recognition program. Will routinely research and resolve complex questions related to medical information, technology and resources in a timely manner.
This position is a TEMPORARY 3-6 month assignment. Training for these positions will be Monday-Friday Day Hours and will be approximately 1 month in length.
We will be hiring for morning and evening shift positions once training is completed which will include a weekend rotation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Listens to voice files and edits pre-dictated text for pathologists.
- Performs transcription of voice files as necessary.
- Maintains excellent skills in English usage, grammar, punctuation and style.
- Utilizes PowerScribe program and is able to troubleshoot as necessary
- Has excellent skills in pathology, oncology and dermatopathology, as well as systemic disease processes.
- Monitors individual turnaround times and quality of editing according to IDEXX guidelines
- Attend meetings and training classes as assigned and necessary
Associates degree, or three or more years job-related specialized training beyond high school.
NOTE: Bi-lingual language (French and English) are required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be reliable attendance is an essential function of the position
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedures (SOPs), material safety data sheets (MSDSs), operating and maintenance instructions, government rules and technical procedures
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong initiative and follow through
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a team contributor
- Must demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Office and SAP preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This job classification requires that the applicant be capable of standing, sitting, lifting up to 40 pounds, carrying up to 40 pounds, reaching, speaking, seeing and hearing. This job classification also involves repetitive use of ones hands, wrists, arms and feet. A typing test will be required during the interview process.