Medical Director, Psychiatry at Cerebral Care
Medical Director (Psychiatry)
- This is a remote role
Seeing a psychiatrist can take up to 3 months and cost as much as $500. Shocked? Us too. That’s why we started Cerebral, a telemedicine-first mental health startup. We are breaking down the barriers to access to mental healthcare so that anybody can get the care and meds they need immediately and for just $99/month. We launched publicly in January 2020 and are growing at over 40% month-over-month, and need your help.
Cerebral is looking for a board-certified psychiatrist to join our team as Medical Director. In addition to supervising mid-levels and seeing select patients, the Medical Director will be responsible for setting clinical policy and strategy in collaboration with the leadership team, as well as participating in external meetings with press, payers, employers and other potential partners. This role will include ensuring safe and effective mental health services are provided to all patients in compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements and evidence-based guidelines.
- Provides clinical supervision of behavioral health providers (physician and APRN)
- Works with leadership team in development of policies and procedures, hiring/retention of staff, and mentoring and training clinical operations team members
- Collaborates with Clinical Operations team to ensure the provision of high quality and effective behavioral health services
- Participates in peer review of patient charts and acts as the collaborating physician for behavioral health APRNs
- Provides medication management for patients
- Works cooperatively with Compliance & Performance Support staff to facilitate ongoing internal compliance auditing
- Initiates performance & quality improvement measures, including the development and monitoring of performance planning documents, performance metrics/outcome measures, and standards of practice
- Board-certified psychiatrist
- Education and training from top schools and programs
- Highly skilled in the implementation and delivery of behavioral health services
- High ethical standards and personal integrity
- Focus on improving health outcomes by using best practices, ingenuity, and strong analytical skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to communicate and interact effectively at different levels with different audiences
- Ability to provide care in a culturally competent way and consistently treat all with dignity and respect+ years of experience
- 2+ years in day-to-day management of behavioral mental health specialists teams
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for improving access to quality mental health care
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!