Website Navigant Cymetrix
Remote Medical Coder – Lead
Location: Remote/Home Office
Job Code: 1684
# of Openings: 2
The Lead Coding Specialist / Remote Health Information Coder is responsible for accessing and coding client records via e-Web Coding technology by utilizing ICD-10 and CPT coding classification systems.
Responsibilities and duties include and are not limited to:
- Maintains a working knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding principles, governmental regulations, official coding guidelines, and third party requirements regarding documentation and billing.
- Assures that all services documented in the patient’s chart are coded with appropriate ICD-10 and CPT codes. When services/diagnoses are not documented appropriately, seeks to attain proper documentation in a timely manner according to facility standards.
- Ability to maintain average productivity standards as follows: Inpatients 3-4 charts per hour.
- Works the review queue on a daily basis to ensure all charts that are placed in the review queue are worked and any corrections are communicated to the facility if necessary.
- Provides accurate answers to physician’s/hospitals coding and/or billing questions within eight hours of request.
- The coder is responsible for coding or pending every chart placed in their queue within 24 hours.
- Coders must maintain their current professional credentials while working for Navigant Cymetrix.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Must be AHIMA or AAPC certified and hold one or more of the following certifications: CCS, RHIT, RHIA, CPC, COC, CIC.
- Must be well versed in Physician Based Coding
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of coding experience. Both inpatient and outpatient experience preferred.
- Successful completion of required ICD-10 training prior to start date.
- Remote Workstation.
- Standard PC (preferably Dell)..
- Internet Access with DSL or Cable.
- VPN compatibility.
- Microsoft Office/Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Remote location often working from a home office base.
- This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check and drug screen (upon offer of employment).
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work.
- Usually remains stationary for the majority of the day.
- Frequently communicates with clients and coworkers and must be able to share information effectively.
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data.
Navigant Cymetrix is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.