Job Location: Work From Home
Position Type: 1 – Full-Time (30+hrs)
Education Level: High School
Job Category: Health Care
PopHealthCare is currently seeking a Full-time Certified Medical Coder for Medicare Risk Adjustment. This position is remote. At PopHealthCare, our mission is simple – to lead the effort in reimagining how healthcare is delivered. We are bold innovators, dedicated to making a difference and we hire wicked smart people! We need sharp and nimble people to join our growing team!
Job Summary: The role of the Certified Medical Coder is to review and code medical records in their entirety, assigning appropriate ICD-10-CM codes (as defined by ICD-10-CM Guidelines and CMS) from any/all CMS acceptable documents to be used for financial purposes. Ensures adherence to PopHealthCare and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate knowledge of coding multiple areas of service and/or specialties or extensive experience in a specific specialty deemed a critical business need by PopHealthCare Leadership.
- Verify and ensure the accuracy, completeness, specificity and appropriateness of diagnosis codes based on services rendered.
- Accesses several systems via the computer to research the medical record when needed to complete the coding in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of coding guidelines and relevant federal regulations through the use of current ICD-10-CM materials, HCC risk models and other pertinent materials.
- Meets and/or exceeds designated productivity set by PopHealthCare Coding Leadership and coding accuracy rate of 95% Accuracy and 95% Completeness.
- Must be able to continuously work committed schedule in a remote (and secure) setting while maintaining availability to attend any/all mandatory department meetings.
- Responds timely to email and/or telephonic communications.
- Enhances professional growth and development through in-service meetings, education programs, conferences, etc.
- Support and participate in process and quality improvement initiatives
- Maintain adequate knowledge of coding, compliance and reimbursement procedures related top Medicare Risk Adjustment.
- Follows all legal and policy requirements for HIPAA protected data.
- Implementation/Execution: Able to organize and manage multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies, tools and applications.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality
- 2 yrs., prior work experience in the healthcare field specifically related to coding is preferred.
- Must be in good standing with either AAPC and/or AHIMA and hold an active CPC, CRC, CCS, CPC-P, CCS-P or PCS with high degree of competence in this area a plus
- ICD-10 Proficiency is required.
- Experience in review/audit of medical records coding and development of process improvement plans required
- Prior medical chart auditing/quality experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology, abbreviations, anatomy and physiology, major disease processes, and pharmacology.
- Experience with hospital coding is preferred
- Managed Care methodology experience a plus.
- National RAD-V experience a plus.
- Professional demeanor and a strong work ethic, reliable, resourceful, enthusiastic, team player with positive attitude
- Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills, organizational, time management.
PopHealthCare is an equal opportunity/equal access employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.