Medical Billing Specialist at UpStream Care
Medical Billing Specialist
At UpStream we believe good health is a state of independence where each person has the capacity to live a long, happy, and active life. We aim to deliver the type of care our members need to regain and maintain their independence by delivering effective, efficient, and sustainable care. UpStream is a trusted partner to primary care physicians, helping them focus on what is most important, the patient. We support the delivery of value-based care for seniors and people living with chronic conditions. By working in partnership with healthcare practices and clinics we offer a comprehensive solution for physicians that delivers and sustains better outcomes.
How you’ll help
As a member of the Billing Team, you will work as an extension to our clinical care teams and billing departments within the physician practice. Billing Specialists work directly with our partner practices to initiate, manage, and reconcile patient claims and address insurance-related questions. They also collaborate internally to support our clinical care teams embedded in these practices. The Billing Specialist will review the work for each clinician to ensure billing documentation is accurate. To this end, the billing specialist will support the research and resolution of outstanding, overdue, or denied insurance claims to help maximize profitability for each practice.
What you’ll do
- Generating monthly billing summaries and financial transparency reports.
- Serving as a main point of contact for insurance related questions.
- Work within a medical office’s Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system to submit claims.
- Submit, track, and resolve claims and billing questions.
- Verify and correct rejected insurance claims.
- Work with management and cross-functional teams to establish and improve billing processes.
- Review charts to ensure appropriate information is documented as it relates to the services we are billing for.
Experience and skills you’ll need
- 1+ years medical billing experience with knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT codes
- 1+ years of experience working directly with an Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- 1+ years of experience resolving insurance discrepancies and disputes.
- 1+ years direct experience using excel. Solid excel skills preferred.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office products with an emphasis in Excel.
- Team-oriented individual who is also self-motivated and able to work well independently.
- Strong communication, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated adaptability, handles day to day work challenges confidently, is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities; shows resilience in the face of challenges, demonstrates flexibility.
What We Provide (Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance plans through United Health Care including FSA and HSA plans.
- Dental, Vision, Life, Accident through Guardian.
- 401k plan with match (Roth and Traditional).
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub.
- Free EAP access through WorkLifeMatters.
- Generous PTO plus 9 paid holidays.
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more