Medical Assisting Adjunct Instructor at Independence University
Medical Assisting Adjunct Instructor
Online – Remote
- The Center for Excellence in Higher Education (CEHE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- CEHE operates degree-granting career colleges throughout the western United States and online.
- The college brands include Stevens-Henager Colleges in Utah and Idaho; CollegeAmerica in Colorado and Arizona; California College San Diego, and Independence University (online platform).
- All of the colleges are accredited by ACCSC, a national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- The colleges offer degree programs from the Associate’s level through the Master’s level in a variety of disciplines including Computer Science, Graphic Arts, Business/Accounting, Nursing, and Healthcare. CEHE is an at-will employer.
- Duties include teaching the entire range of appropriate courses from beginning to advanced. Students in these classes are preparing for Associate and/or Bachelor degrees.
- Basic duties will involve instruction, tutoring, student advising, and some curriculum development.
- The instructor is responsible for the retention of students from the beginning to the end of the module.
- Conduct classes in accordance with established syllabi and lesson plans.
- Prepare, administer and grade assignments, quizzes, and tests.
- Provide objective and subjective feedback regarding student performance.
- Maintain records of student attendance, grades, lab, and/or homework assignments.
- Advise students regarding academic matters to improve successful course completion.
- Conduct assigned courses that result in a high level of student satisfaction and course completion.
- Communicate pro-actively with campus administration regarding student issues.
- Ensure campus and college regulations and policies are known and followed.
- Maintain a healthy, secure, and safe classroom environment.
- Participate in scheduled faculty meetings and in-services.
- Report Preparation.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- A current working knowledge of all theory and practical applications for courses being taught.
- Communicate effectively verbally, in writing, and through appropriate electronic media.
- Work successfully in a team environment.
- Hold the appropriate degree for courses being taught, as stipulated by ACCSC.
- Additional specific requirements listed below where appropriate
Measures of Merit:
TBD by supervisor within 90 days of hire.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!