Media Manager at Wiley - John Wiley & Sons
Location: Remote, USA
Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
About the Role:
The Media Manager leads media strategy and planning for WES’s university partner marketing initiatives through strong collaboration with various stakeholders. The Media Manager must partner with management, peers, different functional groups, and appropriate advertising agencies to ensure business objectives are met across the portfolio. This person should be able to coordinate and direct internal and external teams to achieve business goals. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of multi-channel media planning including, but not limited to: paid search advertising, paid social, programmatic, and affiliate marketing.
This position requires that the candidate be a self-starter, strategic, detail-oriented, and highly motivated. They must possess the ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities while managing team expectations, timelines, and coordination between various resources/groups.
How you will make an impact:
• Working alongside core internal groups and various ad agencies, the Media Manager will develop digital media strategies and deploy tactics designed to drive business performance utilizing the most efficient channels possible with the largest ROI
• Recommending forward-thinking strategies and innovations that are scalable and repeatable across tactics, programs, and partners
• Developing digital media strategies that reach and engage qualified audience segments to drive action. This includes working with cross-functional groups as well as necessary.
• Maintaining a strong working relationship with agency partners to ensure achievement of business financial goals and ROI measures
• Proactively managing the tracking, measurement, reporting, and analysis of all marketing metrics against defined performance targets, leveraging established KPIs
• Reviewing competitive landscape, audience needs, and online media trends to provide management with recommendations for best practices and advantages to be incorporated into media and marketing strategies
What we look for:
• BS/BA in business, marketing, or related field is required.
• A min of 3 to 5 years of applicable experience, preferably in paid search, online advertising, and/or affiliate marketing with a focus on performance-based marketing, measurement, and analytics.
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions and summarize actionable recommendations and their forecasted outcomes/implications.
• Strong Excel experience.
• Detail-orientated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Self-motivated, deadline-driven, ability to support multiple projects at a time
• Prior experience with the following paid search, social, programmatic, CRM, tag management, and/or multi-touch attribution platforms is a plus.
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society’s advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides. Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
We are proud that our workplace promotes continual learning and internal mobility. Our values support courageous teammates, needle movers and learning champions all while striving to support the health and well-being of all employees, for example we offer meeting-free Friday afternoons allowing more time for heads down work and professional development.
We are committed to fair, transparent pay, and we strive to provide competitive compensation in addition to a comprehensive benefits package. The target base pay range for this position is $64,000 to $89,300. This range represents Wiley’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the base pay for this role at the time of posting. It is anticipated that most qualified candidates will fall within the range, however the ultimate salary offered for this role may be higher or lower and will be set based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including but not limited to, geographic location, skills, and competencies.
United States; Maitland, FL, USA