Mathematician at Great Minds
- Eureka Math
- Remote job
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Mathematician to join our dynamic, dedicated Eureka Math team.
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students
A mathematician serving as subject matter expert for Eureka Math ensures that all products produced are mathematically accurate, precise, and align to the desired standards. They are active collaborators with curriculum developers and other mathematicians on the team to help make decisions that ensure the mathematics presented is coherent across products, is consistent with uses outside of K-12 mathematics and is developmentally appropriate. They also provide mathematical support and encourage mathematical growth for the entire team.
- Reviews the work of curriculum developers for mathematical accuracy and precision.
- Provides feedback aligned with the organizations core philosophies around content and pedagogy.
- Collaborates with team members to produce high-quality curriculum materials.
- Receive and implement feedback on work product
- Engage in self-study to stay current on best practices in education and organization initiatives
- Authoritative content knowledge that spans across many grade levels
- Deep familiarity with the progression of key concepts in K-12 mathematics
- Knows effective strategies for developing student conceptual understanding
- Thorough knowledge of the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics and the Progression documents
- Comfort with technology and ability to learn new applications
- Ability to make decisions that align with Eureka Math
- Experience working in a deadline-driven, fast-paced virtual environment
- Clear, effective, and timely communication, both written and oral
- Self-directed and works efficiently with minimal supervision
- MA in Mathematics (PhD in Mathematics preferred)
This role can be performed anywhere in the US with the exception of Colorado