Math Instructor at Art of Problem Solving - AoPS
Part-Time Math Instructor
- United States
- Allows Remote
Art of Problem Solving (AoPS) develops educational opportunities for many of the most eager math students in the world. We have trained tens of thousands of the country’s top math students for over 16 years through our textbook series and our online school. In 2016 we launched AoPS Academy, a family of after-school learning centers for strong math and language arts students in grades 2-12.
AoPS Academy is bringing our math classes to students in a brand new way with our AoPS Academy: Virtual Campus! Just like our traditional AoPS Academy experience, our range of course offerings allows students the opportunity to explore new interests while strengthening their math and problem-solving skills. With small class sizes and a virtual classroom setting that allows participants to see and talk to each other in real time, our students will have access to some of the most highly accomplished instructors in the nation, and we want you to be one of them!
- Teach enthusiastic elementary and middle school students in our online classrooms. Most of our Virtual Campus classes take place Monday – Friday from 1:00-6:00pm PT and Sundays from 7:00am-4:00pm PT.
- Use our curriculum to teach participation-oriented classes that focus on instruction and developing skills, not on rote memorization.
- Work in small classes (average size 12) with top performing students who are passionate about learning and are motivated to succeed.
- Must have a solid academic background in mathematics. A bachelor’s degree in a STEM field is required. A master’s degree or higher in a STEM field is preferred.
- Must have some experience using Zoom or similar video conferencing software and be comfortable managing a classroom in a virtual setting.
- Must have some experience teaching or tutoring students at the elementary and/or middle school level. Some experience working with advanced students, particularly at the elementary and middle school level, is preferred.
- Experience with math contests or competitions is a big plus!
- At this time we are only hiring instructors who are located in and authorized to work in the United States.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!