Matador Creators Assistant at Matador Network
Location: US Only, 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM U.S. Eastern Time; 100% Remote
Are you excited to help people, answer questions quickly and clearly, and manage a thriving community of writers, photographers, and filmmakers? If you said YES, we’d love to hear from you!
Our company, Matador Network, is a leading travel media company and lifestyle brand – and we’re hiring a Matador Creators Assistant to help manage the accounts of subscribers to our Matador Creators platform and ensure that their applications to opportunities are correctly and efficiently delivered to the right teams within the company. Beyond our passion for travel, Matador values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is actively working to spread these values through the travel industry. We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce to elevate and empower an array of viewpoints; candidates for this position should fully embrace this mission. You can read more in our statement in support of the Black Travel Alliance.
Things you will be ROCKING:
- Enthusiastically engaging in conversations with Matador Creators (MC) subscribers to help them with the pitch process.
- Assisting Creators with building their profiles on the platform.
- Sorting through incoming applications in an organized manner.
- Reporting to the MC Manager on a weekly basis with insights on the community and how to improve the Creators experience.
- Curating Creators content to make sure that the homepage features the best articles and videos.
- Assembling a roster of top Creators for the Editorial team to contact, organized by specialty and location.
- Finding and removing any spam accounts.
You excel at:
- Solving problems and answering questions quickly and clearly.
- Strategizing with the MC Manager on generating new press trip and branded content opportunities.
- Navigating the WordPress backend.
- Serving as the liaison between subscribers and Matador’s IT department.
- Writing professionally and eloquently.
- Hopping on the occasional Zoom call with Creators and talent and interviewing them in a friendly and professional way.
- Being a Google Sheets/Docs whiz!
- Experience working in customer success.
- A high level of empathy and patience.
- Experience in communications (previous work experience with talent is a plus).
- Experience in sales is (big plus).
Nuts and bolts:
- Part-time independent contractor with hourly compensation, paid monthly.
- Role will start at approximately 25 to 30 hours per week and may eventually ramp up to full-time.
- Working hours: Monday to Friday, approximately 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM U.S. Pacific Time (or 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM U.S. Eastern Time).
- Remote position (i.e., working from your home office). This is a permanent feature of the job, regardless of the course of the COVID pandemic.
Go for it!
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and compensation expectations to MCAssistant@matadornetwork.com.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!