Master’s in Counseling Program Adjunct Instructor at Upper Iowa University - UIU
Master’s in Counseling Program Adjunct Instructor
Job Title: Master’s in Counseling Program Adjunct Instructor – Online
Upper Iowa University is seeking online Adjuncts to teach a variety of master level counseling courses. Adjunct faculty are responsible for ensuring that students meet all learning objectives and successfully complete their course as outlined in the catalog. All adjunct positions are per session appointments.
Essential Duties Summary
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching graduate and/or undergraduate students in assigned course(s);
- Abiding by and upholding the University’s mission, policies, and core values;
- Developing and/or implementing the class syllabus once it meets School standards;
- Planning and creating course materials such as lectures, discussions, and assignments;
- Assigning grades for students based on such criteria as participation, performance in class, assignments, and examinations;
- Collaborating with colleagues on course design, content, and curriculum;
- Meeting all scheduled class periods;
- Being available to students for individual consultation;
- Assisting students on how to be successful in class;
- Staying current within field of study;
- Communicates to students, faculty, and staff using their Upper Iowa University email;
- Submitting final grades by the specified due date.
- Ed.D. or Ph.D. in the counselor education discipline or a related discipline is required;
- Strong commitment to the mission, vision and strategic goals of Upper Iowa University;
- Committed to excellence in teaching.
- Teaching experience in higher education.
Typical faculty position with sedentary work:
- Occasionally requires standing, lifting, pulling, pushing, carrying and climbing, reaching both high and low.
- Frequently requires walking and balancing.
- Constantly requires sitting, repetitious finger and wrist movement, speaking clearly, hearing conversations, hearing (with acuity), seeing near and far with depth perception and color vision.
Posting Detail Information
Upper Iowa University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!