Marketing Specialist at Insight Education Group
Marketing Specialist (Remote)
- Full Time
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Insight Education Group
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the Marketing Specialist is responsible for executing various marketing and social media activities to increase brand awareness and position Insight Education Group, as well as its executives, as thought leaders in the education space. Additionally, the Marketing Specialist will create and implement a strategy for building relationships with new state, district, and school partners.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify and cultivate external relationships with new state education agencies, districts, and schools
- Direct and guide website and social media presence (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube)
- Maintain a strong content marketing calendar while consistently managing blogs, email and social media campaigns, webinars, videos, press releases, and speaking engagements
- Establish, nurture, and grow a community of followers and brand advocates/ ambassadors; attract new partners as a component of a larger marketing and storytelling strategy
- Use HubSpot for website updates, largely focusing on high-conversion landing pages
- Assist with the support of website inquiries (including live chat) and filter them to the appropriate team member
- Develop and refine marketing goals, pricing strategies, promotional activities, and branding in consultation with Insight leadership
- Direct market analysis and research to identify new trends and opportunities
- Create content for and manage all marketing materials, including: blogs, playbooks, website, video, brochures, presentation decks, and mass mailings, etc.
- Leverage Insight’s existing conferences and events to create new partners
- Participate in weekly and bi-weekly business development team calls
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-4 years of work experience in relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Background working on marketing, communications, graphic design, storytelling, and branding
- Background working in education or a school environment and knowledge of education policy and research landscape preferred
- Ability to manage priorities and work independently
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with an ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills required
- Understanding of SEM and SEO, and both paid and organic social media strategies
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Gmail, and basic coding skills
- Experience with HubSpot and Salesforce preferred
- Demonstrated ability to foster and maintain positive relationships with high-level district and state leaders, partners, and other constituents
- Superior project management, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Able to work efficiently and autonomously
- Flexible, resourceful, and good-humored
- Must thrive in and understand a fast-paced virtual office environment
- Insight Education Group is a virtual company headquartered in Encino, CA. We seek to hire the best person for the position, regardless of location. Currently, our staff members reside in California, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Indiana, Louisiana, South Carolina, Texas, and Washington D.C. The location for this position is flexible.
- This position pays up to $40,000/year.
- Insight Education Group provides competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package including a performance-based bonus based on individual and firm success, health care coverage, and access to 401(k) accounts.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or national origin, or any factors prohibited by local, state or federal law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the ADA and related state laws. This employment application does not create a contract or offer of employment. If hired, employment with the company will be on an at-will basis and can be terminated at the will of either you or the company.
We are an international educational consulting organization that partners with education leaders to develop the strategy and confidence to lead bold change—and we provide the wrap-around and embedded supports to make change happen. As former teachers, coaches, school leaders, and high-level district and state administrators, we appreciate the challenges, nuances, and opportunities of implementing large-scale change and we know the keys to making them stick.
Since 2000, we have partnered with schools, districts, charter management organizations, and states in the US and abroad through some of their largest challenges, including:
- successfully turning around chronically underperforming schools through a variety of evidence-based school improvement supports,
- training aspiring and current leaders to be strategic and get the right things done through leadership academies and executive coaching, and
- helping to change the culture of teacher growth to one of trust through PLCs, professional development, and instructional coaching.
The efficacy of our work has been documented in prominent studies such as:
- The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s Measures of Effective Teaching Project
- Harvard’s Center for Education Policy Research’s The Best Foot Forward Project
- RAND Corporation’s Improving Teaching Effectiveness: Access to Effective Teaching
- Georgia’s Governor’s Office of Student Achievement (GOSA)’s 2015-2016 End-of-Year Evaluation Report for the Reading Mentors Program
We continuously seek individuals from diverse backgrounds who are committed to implementing large-scale change in schools and districts nationally so that every child has access to a high-quality education. Insight is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Insight does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!