Marketing Project Manager at National Safety Council
Marketing Project Manager
Save lives, from the workplace to anyplace.
The National Safety Council is America’s leading safety advocate. We enable people to put everyday strategies in place to solve problems at work. As a non-profit, our focus is on eliminating the leading causes of preventable death and injury. More specifically, NSC is focused on:
- Workplace Safety
- Roadway Security
Every one of our employees is committed to helping people live their fullest lives, and right now we’re seeking someone to fill the role of Marketing Project Manager.
The primary responsibility of the Marketing Project Manager is to collaborate with Marketing Campaign Manager(s) to implement marketing strategies. These strategies include integrated marketing campaigns, and other visual and online material with the end result of making organizations aware of the NSC brand.
Day-to-day responsibilities include working closely with the project team (design department, copywriters and others), and communicating with stakeholders. You must quickly develop an understanding of NSC products, mission and customer base in order to create effective marketing campaigns.
Organization, prioritization, and careful planning are a must to thrive in this role. You should also be able to work on several projects at once, while keeping on schedule and within budget.
You’ll be expected to review all deliverables to ensure all processes and procedures are completed, quality standards and campaign needs are met. You’ll also conduct regular meetings with business partners, present progress reports, and identify opportunities to help the Advocacy and business teams achieve their goals.
What You’ll Do:
Project Management 65%
- Translates marketing program requests into functional requirements, working with the Marketing brief information and the Campaign lead
- Manages projects following their scheduled path responsible for on-time delivery of print and online components
- Helps set and manage expectations and understanding of the marketing process for program impact
- Understands marketing capabilities, service and process, and effectively communicates to the marketing lead and end customer
Job Traffic Management 20%
- Works closely with project team to maintain a continuous knowledge of project status, identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the project
- Reviews all deliverables to ensure all processes and procedures are completed, quality standards are met and projects are delivered on time
Marketing Strategy 10%
- Executes development of Marketing campaigns for a portfolio of Business Units (BU) and Advocacy teams
- Directs copy development, reviews and edits copy for value propositions and key messages. Adapts copy segments for use in projects which do not require new copy development.
- Communicates the BU goals and represents the BU interests to the Marketing team
Other Job Duties 5%
- Responsible for safety as outlined in the Safety Manual. Follows safety policies and practices specific to job/position and level
We’re Looking for Someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of relevant experience in project management and integrated marketing and/or database marketing. In lieu of education, at least 6 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in B2B marketing environment, multi-channel/digital marketing experience a strong plus
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to understand business opportunities and translate those into high-impact marketing programs and tactics
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Extremely detail-oriented
- High level of initiative, motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator
- Excellent written and oral communication and copy editing skills
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Salary range – $58,000 to $65,000
- This is a remote position.
Reasons You’ll Love it here:
NSC cares about the safety, health, and overall well-being of our employees. We offer competitive benefits, resources, and tools to promote a work-life balance that supports employees during all phases of life. We off the following:
- At least 20 PTO days accrued 1st year and 11 paid holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 403(b) & Roth 403(b) with employer match up to 6%
- Reimbursable training
- Student loan pay down
- Dress for your day