Remote (Work From Anywhere) Marketing Manager
Salary + Performance Compensation Package
Make a Dent in the Universe by Solving the Number One Problem Faced by Medical Researchers
Have Freedom Over When, Where & How You Work
Rapid Growth in New and Existing Marketing Skills
Paid Holidays Whenever You Like
Hello—we’re Trialfacts, a remote entrepreneurial company, and without us, a lot of medical research would not be possible. We’re searching for a Marketing Manager to help our team solve our clients’ biggest problem. If you’re looking for a position where you can set your own hours, take holidays as you see fit, work remotely from home or anywhere in the world, and help medical research succeed, then please read on.
Today’s highly sophisticated medical system has added nearly 20 years of life expectancy, reduced infant mortality by 90% and maternal mortality by 99%. Polio, leprosy, smallpox, and tuberculosis are practically eradicated, even in the poorest countries in the world. There’s plenty of room for improvement, but a big part of what’s been achieved is due to new medications, medical devices and understanding developed through clinical research.
- Our clients – academic researchers and medical research organizations, are working hard to continue to develop treatments and devices, increase our understanding, eradicate sickness and improve quality of life. Their biggest challenge is spending half of their time searching for and never being able to recruit enough of the patients required for their clinical trials.
- Our company – Trialfacts, removes the biggest hurdle and frustration to conducting their research, by recruiting the patients and volunteers they require for their clinical trials, and many times thereby saving their research. We’re the only company in the industry to also do this in a predictable and reliable manner, by determining upfront exactly how many patients we can recruit, and backing that up with a money-back guarantee.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Educate— At Trialfacts our focus is on making recruitment predictable and reliable. We’ve become extremely good at that, and there’s a big opportunity for someone in our industry to implement a content marketing strategy that educates researchers how to do that. It will be your job to refine, implement and manage our content marketing strategy, and establish Trialfacts as the thought-leader within our industry. We’ve dipped our toe in the water, and although there’s huge room for improvement, the initial results from our content marketing have been very positive.
- Market— A large part of this role will involve implementing and managing a wide array of strategies to market our educational content to researchers and potential clients. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable implementing and managing email marketing, search engine optimization, influencer outreach, social media promotion strategies, as well as anything else that makes sense. You’ll be expected to grow our weekly inbound enquiries, and held accountable to those results.
- Learn— You’ll need to rapidly develop a thorough understanding of our industry, our clients, how they operate, their concerns, our service, and new software and technology. The marketing landscape is constantly evolving, so you’ll need to be able to stay up to date and independently learn via courses and other resources that we’ll pay for.
- Lead—We’re looking for someone who will provide leadership in our client marketing. You won’t be able to do it all yourself, and so you’ll need to be comfortable hiring, assessing, managing and holding accountable the various marketing freelancers that are needed to get the job done. But you will also be expected to lead from the front; as a small company, our marketing budget is limited, so you’ll need to be very comfortable rolling up your sleeves and implementing our marketing strategies yourself.
What’s in it for you:
- Autonomy— We don’t have set working hours. We don’t have a leave application process (you can take paid holidays whenever you want). We don’t micromanage or babysit. You’ll be accountable to the rest of the team purely on your results, and not on the number of hours spent working.
- Our team is remote (we communicate via Slack, Basecamp and video conferencing software). We set our own hours based on what works for us and our clients. As long as you have a good internet connection you can work from wherever in the world you choose.
- Opportunity— As a small and innovative team we’ve done away with outdated corporate thinking like the physical office, micromanaging and bureaucratic leave processes, but we haven’t thrown the baby out with the bathwater. We offer a stable salary + results-based compensation package, discretionary annual bonuses, annual salary review, a personal and tailored development plan, and the possibility to grow into positions of additional responsibility and leadership in the future.
- We’re growing rapidly through repeat business, referrals and outbound marketing, and we’re looking to add inbound marketing to the mix. We’re an innovative company in an industry ripe for disruption. The future looks optimistic as we continue to improve and expand on our core service.
- Innovation— We’ve launched innovative patient recruitment strategies (e.g. our phone screening appointment system, researcher interviews, social media recruitment), and we’re constantly improving our service. We have developed a data-driven forecasting approach that provides predictability in a volatile industry. Our consistent, data-driven process has allowed us to be the first and only recruitment company to provide certainty to our clients via a money-back guarantee.
- It’s our data-driven approach and continuous focus on innovative patient recruitment strategies that we want to teach and share with other researchers through our content marketing.
- Impact— Trialfacts plays an extremely important role in contributing to medical research and driving humanity forward. Our clients—researchers working at universities, pharmaceutical companies, biotech companies, natural medicine companies, hospitals and medical practices—work hard to develop treatments and technology that cure diseases and improve quality of life.
- Growth— As a member of a small team you’ll be exposed to many areas of the business. You’ll be given the opportunity to learn many new skills and experiment in many new areas, as well as progress and build on what you already know. You’ll be testing and implementing new marketing strategies. You’ll have access to courses and training programs of your choice, paid for by Trialfacts. Each quarter we’ll put in place a Development Plan to increase your skills, knowledge, experience, and responsibility.
This position is for you if you:
- Understand what makes people tick— you’ll need to rapidly develop an intimate understanding of the different client types we work with, along with their daily struggles, hopes and fears, what drives them, and what keeps them up at night. If you’re not comfortable speaking with our potential clients, asking probing questions and doing whatever it takes to develop this understanding, this is not the position for you.
- Excel at written communication— we have a content writer that we work with, but you’ll be editor-in-chief for all our educational articles. You’ll also be responsible for other communication such as email marketing, and being a remote team, being able to write well is a must for any Trialfacts position.
- Understand content marketing— we’ve dipped our toe in the water and have a good start, but now we’re looking for someone who has a deep understanding of content marketing, and can implement search engine optimization (white hat), email marketing (campaign and autoresponder), influencer outreach, social media promotion and other marketing strategies.
- Are highly organized— you’ll be held accountable for delivering across a multitude of varied marketing projects, and need to hold accountable a multitude of freelancers to ensure each project is completed on time. If you’re not highly organized and comfortable in a fast-paced environment then you’re not a good-fit for this role.
- Have a passion for making data-driven decisions— these days marketing requires a love of data. Our recruitment approach is a data-driven one, which is something we want reflected in our content marketing. If you’re not comfortable with gathering, cleaning and interpreting data, then please don’t apply. You don’t need to have a statistics PhD, but if you’re not handy around a spreadsheet, then this is not the position for you.
- Are proficient in HTML & CSS— Similar to the above, marketing today relies heavily on technology and automation. You don’t need any formal development experience but if you’re not comfortable with at least HTML, please don’t apply. Similarly, if you’re not the kind of person that loves testing out new tools and technology, this position is not a good fit.
- Are flexible— in an entrepreneurial business we sometimes have to wear different hats. We’re looking for someone that takes ownership and wants to help grow our company. If you’re the kind of person who would rather sit back and say “that’s not my responsibility” then please don’t apply.
- Love learning— we’re a team that’s driven by learning and improving. We’re looking for someone who wants to learn and develop their professional and marketing skills, grow as a person and constantly improve the service that we provide.
- Are results-driven— you will be coached and guided, but ultimately you will be responsible for your performance which will directly impact your compensation.
- Are looking for a full-time position— we’re experiencing growth and we need someone who can fully commit to Trialfacts and get up to speed quickly. We’re not looking for someone who has their own part-time business or freelancing career on the side.
Yes, this position description is so long that it needs a summary! Here are the facts:
- Set your own hours: Choose when and how you work, but there needs to be some flexibility to have training and meetings with our CEO Nick (located in Australia) and the rest of the team. This is a full-time position.
- Work remotely: We’re a virtual team located around the globe. You can live anywhere or travel with this position. You will need a reliable internet connection.
- Results-based environment: You’ll be evaluated based on your results. You will not be micromanaged, and you have the flexibility to set your own hours and work however you like, but you need to be contributing to our target number of new client conversations scheduled with our CEO Nick each week, and the number of new clients we welcome onboard each month.
- Commitment to learning: We believe in continuous improvement and growth. You’ll be mentored, guided, and trained by our CEO Nick, our team and external resources, courses and training programs paid for by Trialfacts.
- Contribute something meaningful to the world: We make a lot of medical research possible that would otherwise fail, and remove the #1 headache faced by researchers in a predictable and reliable manner, backed by our money-back guarantee.
- Trial period: There will be an initial paid trial period typically lasting 2-3 weeks, but it’s possible it might be longer.
- Compensation: Compensation will be a monthly salary plus performance-based compensation package. Salaries are reviewed annually.