Marketing Director at CodeCombat
CodeCombat is looking for a Marketing Director to oversee the Marketing function and to scale CodeCombat Online Classes. This is a growth-marketing-focused role offering both breadth and autonomy, from the tactical to the strategic. You’ll be optimizing across the user funnel, from initial user acquisition and conversion to retention and loyalty, working closely with product, sales, and operations to show data-driven results. If you are a multi-disciplinary executor who’s itching to iterate and have experience scaling at startup speeds, we want to hear from you!
This is a remote role reporting directly to CodeCombat’s CEO and managing one direct report.
Who We Are
CodeCombat is seeking to reinvent the way that computer science is taught, both at home and in the classroom. We’re focused on gamifying the classroom and home learning environments to create a more effective and engaging space for children to learn computer science. In other words–we teach coding with video games! Our programming games are sold to schools and parents around the world.
We are a small, tight-knit team dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance with flexible working hours. All of our team members work remotely from all around the world, with concentrations in San Francisco and Beijing.
Our work is purposeful.
We bring our personal best every day, because our game-based learning can be life-changing for young people.
Strength comes from interdependence.
We recognize that each of us is central to the mission of CodeCombat. We know our differences create strength and resilience. We engage one another with respect for who we are, not only what we do. We create community with intention, because we need each other–and because it’s fun.
Kind, not just “nice”.
We don’t let fear of not being “nice” get in the way of the direct communication that underpins healthy relationships. We build strong connections through honest dialogue, even when the conversations are difficult.
Structure can be liberating.
Transparent processes let us focus on making the right decisions–and they create channels for diverse voices to speak. Eliminate information silos and shadow structures; create known communication channels and clear responsibilities.
We can operate at any speed.
We’re thoughtful about how fast we go. We pay attention when the lights change. Sometimes we walk.
Learning and growth go hand-in-hand.
Every experience is an opportunity to learn, and our team is growing every day. When we think we know it all, it means we have more to learn.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the Marketing function (currently one direct report)
- Own CodeCombat’s Online Classes line of business, scaling it from dozens to thousands of subscribers
- Create and execute an overall marketing strategy to drive growth across a variety of channels, including some of: paid search, paid social, product marketing, referral marketing, SEO, email marketing, content marketing, strategic partnerships, community building, and PR
- Work closely with the sales team on demand generation for schools and districts through inside sales
- Create go-to-market launch strategies alongside key stakeholders to effectively roll out key product launches
- Holistically analyze performance data across the entire user journey to optimize marketing-, sales-, and product-related funnel stages
- Develop and scope expansion strategies in current and growth markets, keeping a strong pulse on industry trends and continually scouting and updating a comprehensive landscape survey of business development opportunities
Who You Are
- Capable of meeting most of CodeCombat’s Marketing Director competencies
- Cutting-edge expertise in paid social, paid search, referral marketing, or other acquisition channels suitable for reaching parents
- Generalist marketing skills across many channels
- Excellent analytical skills and experience applying them to marketing strategy and execution
- Able to work both broadly, collaborating on many projects with many teammates, and deeply, thoroughly executing on high-impact marketing processes
- Passionate about CodeCombat’s vision of evolving education through game-based learning
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced early-stage startup environment
CodeCombat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for our team members.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!