Marketing Automation Specialist
- (Multiple states)
- Full Time
- Mid Level
TeamSnap is seeking a Marketing Automation Specialist to manage all customer-facing communication sent through various CRM channels, primarily email. The person in this role is incredibly detail-oriented and able to wear a technical hat as well as a creative hat using their solid brand instincts.
TeamSnap is an award-winning communication and management service for recreational and competitive sports teams, tournaments and organizations. With over 20 million enthusiastic customers in 195 countries, TeamSnap is indispensable for teams, clubs and leagues worldwide.
We value trust, communication and fun more than big company policies and rules, and we thrive on empowering our people instead of controlling them. TeamSnap has been named to Outside Magazine’s list of Best Places to Work three consecutive years.
What you’ll be doing
As the subject matter expert and gatekeeper of our CRM channels you will have a birds-eye view of most customer-facing communication. You will partner with stakeholders from all lines of business (both B2C and B2B) to schedule, project manage, create and be the hands-on executor of all email campaigns, including one-time, recurring, triggered and dynamic-content.
Some things that are important:
- Experience managing email marketing campaigns – from commercial ad-hoc sends and welcome streams to transactional and behavior-based triggered emails
- Incredibly detail oriented. Proofing everything from copy to logic – a few times – is your jam.
- Solid brand instincts. You are a brand guardian and if something seems off, you go with your gut and flag it.
- Some experience with HTML. In some cases you will build emails using a template and other times you will partner with our design and dev team.
- Some automation experience creating nurture programs, scoring programs, trigger, and drip-based automated email campaigns
- Strong project management and communication skills
- An ability to work under tight deadlines and be flexible to changes
- Ability to work as part of a geographically-distributed development team
- Teamwork, sense of humor and the willingness to do what’s necessary to help a relatively small company grow quickly
Other things that would be nice to have:
- Experience in Pardot or similar tool
- Experience with deliverability tools to keep us in the inbox
- Experience with email client rendering tools such as Litmus
- Experience with some analytical and database tools, such as Google Analytics and SQL
- Superb written communication. We have resources to help with copy but if you love writing copy we won’t be mad at you.
- Experience implementing lead capture forms and landing pages
- Some interest in recreational sports – perhaps you are a sports parent, coach, participant or fan
- Be a TeamSnap user (sign up for a free trial to see what we’re about)
- Ability to talk to animals, Doctor Doolittle-style
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other.
- Work on a product that people use and love
- While we’re still relatively small, we’re not a fly-by-night startup; we’re the leader in a massive market
- We have a proven revenue model, an experienced executive team, solid funding, and a strong strategic plan
- We have fantastic benefits, and you’ll have a stake in the company
If you’re looking for an opportunity to show off the very best of your skills, in an environment of trust, respect and flexibility, this might very well be the best job you’ll ever have. We’re passionate about helping our customers spend less time organizing and more time playing.
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive salary and benefits, lots of opportunity to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. TeamSnap is still small enough that your actions will help drive our success.
- Competitive salary
- Medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- Education reimbursement up to $1,500/yr
- Wellness stipend of $50/mo
- Up to $300/yr to donate to charitable causes
- Free TeamSnap service for your family and friends
- Free TeamSnap swag.
- Flexible PTO and vacation policy
Diversity and Inclusion
TeamSnap is a company built around trust, kindness and collaboration, where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued. This is a place where everybody belongs.