Marketing & Communications Leader
at Learning Machine
About Learning Machine
Learning Machine Technologies, architect of the Blockcerts open standard with the MIT Media Lab, is the world leader in issuing blockchain-secured records that are recipient owned and instantly verifiable. Our approach to winning the market is: “We change the world through principled architecture and customer success.” As the only blockchain-based records provider in the world with an in-market product for multi-chain issuing and self-sovereign digital identity, our offering is revolutionizing the way business in all sectors issue and verify claims and the way individuals understand and use their digital identities.
About the Marketing Communications Leader Position
The Marketing Communications Leader will work closely with Product, Delivery, and Sales teams to develop strategic communication plans, write copy, design collateral, execute marketing campaigns, manage event participation, and be the trusted first contact for all media- and market-facing activities.
In addition to raising awareness of Learning Machine with new prospects, this role is also focused on helping existing customers communicate with their own internal audiences. We have customers around the world with large, multi-stakeholder audiences of citizens, employers, students, and public sector institutions all needing to understand how Blockcerts helps them. Working with our clients, their partners, and the constituencies they serve, your role is to bring simple clarity and compelling calls to action through multi-channel and multi-modal marketing campaigns and communication projects that result in a measurable increase in recipient participation during issuing events, relying party adoption of Blockcerts as a preferred official document format, and Learning Machine Issuing System customer confidence.
This will be the first role of its kind in the Company, as such the opportunity for strategic and impactful engagement at this early stage is significant and the portfolio of responsibilities are expected to grow. The Marketing Communications Leader reports into the office of the CEO and works collaboratively across the organization. The position requires a candidate who is ambitious, driven, courageous, risk tolerant, and intrinsically motivated to succeed at a world-class level. The ability to lead and cooperate in an egoless manner with a diverse, talented team of peers is a must.
Skills and Experience
- Required 5+ years experience in marketing and communications
- Superior oral and written communications skills
- Strong customer-orientation with deep interpersonal and intercultural experience
- Demonstrated capacity for long-term relationship-building.
- Ability to develop and articulate strategic marketing plans aimed at growing key markets segments
- Comfortable working through core tools such as WordPress, Twitter Hubspot, Keynote, Excel, Salesforce, Gainsight, etc.
- Able to work with equal effectiveness both remotely and in an office setting.
- Desire to scale a world-changing startup from “pirate ship” to “armada” in less than three years.
- SaaS and startup experience preferred.