Marketing and Communications Assistant at Mediavine
Marketing & Communications Assistant – (Remote – US)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States Marketing/Brand Full time
The Mediavine Marketing and Communications (MarComm) team is currently looking to fill the open position of MarComm Assistant. For this role, you’ll be an organizational wizard and a lover of color-coded calendars and all things marketing. From events to branding and project management to logistical support, you love it all. Your only problem is trying to choose a focus; luckily, with this role you won’t have to. We are looking for diverse, broad marketing knowledge, organizational/administrative excellence and an enthusiastic team player.
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 10,000 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is ensuring your brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren’t platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
Position Title & Overview:
The MarComm Assistant is responsible for supporting the MarComm Operations team in planning, coordinating, and executing a wide array of projects undertaken by the team to ensure they are completed in a timely manner, and to the Mediavine standard of excellence.
The MarComm Assistant will work closely with the Senior Manager of Marketing Operations and other MarComm team members, including the VP of Marketing and Communications in supporting their operational and logistical needs. This is a critical role on the team where this person will wear multiple hats and juggle various responsibilities, ranging from day-to-day project management and event support to managing calendars and travel arrangements. To be successful in this role, you have high attention to detail, organization, and process. You have great time management skills and are able to act with limited guidance. In time, you will learn the ropes enough to bring innovative ideas, process improvements and operate with the latitude needed to contribute to department wide excellence.
The MarComm team is responsible for branding and promoting Mediavine’s many product offerings, from full service ad management to WordPress plugins. We’re also responsible for producing collateral for every other Mediavine department, from the Sales team’s pitch deck to a perks one-sheeter for People Ops. In addition, MarComm produces all of Mediavine’s educational content (including blog posts, Facebook Lives, videos, emails, social media and a podcast), as well as all events, both in person and digital.
The MarComm Assistant is on the MarComm team, reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Marketing Operations.
- Execute on day-to-day tasks that help the overall effectiveness of marketing operations
- Provide multifaceted administrative support to the MarComm team
- Provide administrative support to Marketing leadership, such as scheduling cross-departmental meetings, coordinating internal team retreats, maintaining tracking documents, distribution of internal communication materials, and other tasks as needed
- Take detailed notes during meetings, capturing topics discussed and action items
- Monitor the Marketing inbox within our Customer Engagement platform
- Track tasks and projects to ensure appropriate prioritization is completed with respect to deadlines and organizational developments
- Support the various events we host and attend, including on-site support on an occasional basis
- Work closely and collaboratively within the MarComm department to ensure additional support where needed
- Manage all travel scheduling and arrangements, for the VP of Marketing Communications
- Additionally, maintain an accurate and detailed calendar of the VP, manage incoming scheduling requests, proactively communicate changes to the team, as well as anticipate and respond to scheduling and travel conflicts, rescheduling as needed
- Required travel on an as needed basis, for our annual All Hands Retreat, MarComm Retreat(s) and up to 4-5 other travel opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- 2+ years of digital marketing experience, remote work experience a plus
- High-level administrative support experience, with schedule and travel management experience as well
- Experience with Google Workspace, Slack and Notion, preferred
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills and drive, with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong teamwork skills; and a confident ability to offer suggestions and improvements to process, working collaboratively with others as needed
- Outstanding time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, exceptional proofreading skills a plus
- A self-motivated, extremely detail oriented and independent worker with strong track record of cross-functional collaboration
- Pervasive positive attitude while juggling multiple projects and personalities
- Dedication to setting and achieving quantifiable goals for all projects
- Ability to learn process and internal tools quickly
- Experience using Mac computers and Apple software
- Ability to travel 15%
- Remote work environment
- Travel opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more
- Company match charitable donations
Mediavine is an Equal Opportunity Employer