Market and Competitive Intelligence Manager
US HDQ-Herndon, VA, US Remote
Deltek is the leading provider of software and solutions for product-focused organizations. We are seeking an experienced market and competitive intelligence professional to help us better understand customer needs and the competitive landscape in heavy industries such as aerospace & defense, manufacturing, engineering, construction, and oil & gas. This professional will conduct research and analysis to deliver insights that enable Deltek executives to make forward-looking decisions to support our customers in these sectors and grow Deltek’s business.
As part of Deltek’s Market and Competitive Intelligence team, you will work with experts who have decades of experience in business-to-business technology and professional services market intelligence, competitive intelligence, and strategy. You will interact directly with stakeholders at all levels and in all functions. You will have direct impact on high-profile sales opportunities and support decisions with high opportunity costs and long-term implications, including product development, mergers and acquisitions, geographic and industry market entry, and strategy.
Our team is committed to learning and professional development. The Market and Competitive Intelligence team actively participates in the leading associations for our profession and the industries we serve. In this role, you will be encouraged to design experiments to evaluate new tools and methods for research, analysis, and collaboration. You will be continually challenged to improve your writing, presentation, and verbal skills and to develop executive leadership.
- Support Market and Competitive Intelligence programs and initiatives
- Research, develop, and present product and industry competitive landscapes for executive leadership
- Research, develop, and present competitor profiles for a variety of internal stakeholders
- Support competitive sales pursuits and provide data and insights to proposal teams to increase the likelihood of winning profitable contracts
- Interview account teams and customers to understand competitive dynamics that influence customer decisions and develop insights for stakeholders based on those interviews
- Manage the collection, retention, and analysis of competitor and customer intelligence
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholder in agile, iterative processes
- Analyze and validate intelligence gathered by others throughout the organization
- Elicit and assess stakeholder requirements, evaluate against organizational priorities, and build plans to execute based on resources and capabilities
- B.A. or B.S. required, MBA or similar advanced degree with specialty in Strategy or Marketing preferred
- 3+ years professional experience, with a significant proportion of that experience in heavy industry or in management consulting serving heavy industry clients
- Experience in the enterprise software and/or government contracting a strong plus
- Commitment to a systematic and ethical approach to market and competitive intelligence
- Demonstrated market and competitive intelligence research and analysis experience, including familiarity with primary and secondary sources and methods as well as foundation and analytical frameworks and techniques
- Written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, with experience in agile projects a plus
- Ability to think and work independently, solve problems, and develop sets of recommended options
- Mastery of modern office software and collaboration tools
- Rudimentary math skills and business finance knowledge required, advanced qualitative analytical skills a strong plus
- A commitment to continual learning
Better software means better projects. Deltek is the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for professional services, management and IT consulting, architecture and engineering, marketing and advertising agencies, government contractors and other project-based businesses. More than 23,000 organizations and millions of users in over 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek for superior levels of project intelligence, management and collaboration to research and identify opportunities, win new business, recruit and develop talent, optimize resources and streamline operations. Our industry-focused expertise powers project success by helping firms achieve performance that maximizes productivity and revenue.