Title: Mango Live Coach for English
We are looking for enthusiastic and knowledgeable language instructors for Mango Live, our online live instruction program. In this telework contract position, you ll prepare personalized blended learning assignments and sessions using proprietary Mango Languages learning tools. You ll coach and assess groups or individual working professionals as well as their spouses and children. In your classes, you will use the communicative approach as well as proprietary methodologies and curricula to facilitate our online live instruction sessions.
This remote position allows you to connect from anywhere in the world and enjoy the flexibility to work at hours that suit you and your schedule. In this role, you will be part of a diverse team of coaches and administrators who are there to support you and exchange ideas. Regular feedback and ongoing training will help you grow as an individual and professional. You will build relationships and establish powerful connections with your students as you guide them and follow their progress.
As the ideal candidate, you are able to communicate clearly and effectively in both English and your native language. You are an experienced educator with a passion for learning and teaching language and culture.
- Apply the communicative approach and the Mango methodology in online language instruction.
- Prepare personalized sessions using proprietary Mango Language learning tools.
- Coach professional clientele and, in some cases, their spouses and children.
- Evaluate students language proficiency and provide regular progress reports.
- Manage multiple individual and group students with various schedules across varied levels of proficiency.
- Manage attendance records, student schedules, and syllabi.
- Commit to teaching between 5 and 20 hours per week on a flexible schedule, usually during US working hours.
- Commit to approximately 8 -12 hours of initial online training, paid for by Mango Languages.
- Native speaker of English.
- Advanced proficiency in English.
- Proven experience teaching English] to speakers of other languages and/or a degree in language teaching, applied linguistics, or a teaching certification.
- Passion for the learning and teaching of language and culture.
- Experience using technology in live online language instruction preferred.
- Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies (experience with Zoom, the Google Suite, and similar tools preferred).
How to Apply
- Step 1: Submit a resume and cover letter outlining your experience and qualifications as they relate to the job description.
- Step 2: Submit a brief video (up to three minutes long) introducing yourself and your background, in English. (The video can be done using any platform / technology). Please email your video to linguistvideo @ mangolanguages.com.
On a mission to inspire curious people to forge deeper connections and meaningful interactions with one another, Mango is the only award-winning language-learning system that is powered by both proven methodologies and world-class learning content. Designed to establish retention and rapidly build conversation skills through smart, adaptive technology, Mango s software is available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms to public library patrons, students, corporate executives, government officials, and language learners of all ages around the world.