Managing Editor, Content Development, Humanities at Great Minds
Managing Editor, PDIS Content Development, Humanities
- Remote job
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Managing Editor, PDIS Content Development, Humanities.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs almost 600 people.
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Managing Editor, PDIS Content Development supports Great Minds in its mission to develop and implement Humanities curricula.
The Managing Editor reports to the Associate Content Director, PDIS, Humanities and plays a critical role in the development and execution of Humanities PDIS products and processes.
The Managing Editor will contribute to the Great Minds Humanities curriculum strategy, including:
- conceptualizing, writing, and editing content
- implementing the product life cycle for multiple projects
- monitoring and managing team, and cross-team, processes and communications,
- collaborating on project/team guidelines, systems, and resources
- and coordinating meetings and schedules.
The Managing Editor is responsible for developing excellent content and providing pro-active and effective management of the Content Development team’s processes and members. The Managing Editor demonstrates exceptional professionalism and communication skills.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a skilled manager and writer to implement and contribute to Great Mind’s organizational mission to create curriculum and resources that ensure all students have access to a quality education in the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
Great Minds is headquartered in Washington, D.C.; however, many members of our team of teacher-writers and professional development facilitators work remotely. The Managing Editor can work remotely.
Associate Content Director, PDIS, Humanities
The Managing Editor may travel approximately 5-10% of the time, depending on location, to:
- participate in quarterly or annual team meetings (average of 1-3 times/year)
- facilitate and/or attend Professional Development in the field
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Embrace and exemplify an academic mindset that values an iterative cycle of ideation, thought partnering, prototyping, drafting, development, review, and revision.
- Execute and contribute to the vision of Great Minds’ content development strategic plan by conceptualizing, writing, and content editing a range of products
- Collaborate within and across teams to develop, launch, and implement curriculum and curriculum-support resources
- Collaborate with Associate Content Director on the development and maintenance of team communications, resources, schedules, and work plans with a pro-active, problem-solving approach
- Support Great Minds culture in all work environments, with an emphasis on trust, collegiality, continuous improvement, and quality
- Contribute to the management of cross-team relationships
- Collaborate with Associate Content Director on execution of solutions-oriented internal team and cross-team systems
- Develop and maintain processes, tools, and strategies for the development and execution of content projects
- Represent the PDIS Content Development team in communications with internal and external stakeholders with professionalism and proficiency
- Execute and ensure a task- and deadline-driven work flow
- Conduct research in support of content development
- Problem solve to create high-quality products by established deadlines
Relevant Experience and Skills
- Experience teaching or leading Wit & Wisdom
- Deep content knowledge in English Language Arts with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in an associated content area
- Superior writing and editing skills with demonstrated writing ability (writing sample required)
- Management or experience with the product life cycle of ideation, drafting, iterating, development
- Minimum of 3-5 years teaching experience
- Knowledge of the Common Core State Standards desired
- Flexible thinking
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Academic and growth mindset
- Proactive problem-solving
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Receptivity to multiple viewpoints
- Ability to contribute to big-picture vision
- Commitment to high standards
- Organizational skills
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!