Manager, Technology Instruction at Per Scholas Inc
Manager, Technology Instruction (Remote Technical Training)
- (Multiple states)
- Full Time
- DEPARTMENT: National Program
- REPORTS TO: Director, Technology Instruction
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas is seeking a dynamic, team-oriented individual to serve as the Manager, Technology Instruction, for the Remote Training Team (RTT). The Manager, Technology Instruction will oversee all virtual classroom operations, be responsible for managing and coaching RTT Instructors, and foster a culture of professional development amongst the team. This will involve continuous encouragement of growth and development opportunities to enhance classroom management and engagement while also working collaboratively with all members of the RTT.
WHAT YOU’LL DO :
- Manage a team of Technical Instructors to oversee high-quality technical instruction for all remote training courses
- Ensure that instructors are teaching the approved course curricula, providing coaching to instructional support staff and meeting 1:1 with learners on an as-needed basis
- Utilize in-house Learning Management System for assignments, tests, and real-time performance monitoring
- Work closely and meet with the Remote Training Team, including career coaches, financial coaches, navigators, and business solutions teams, ensuring high-quality delivery of technology training and workforce preparation to all online learners as needed
- Manage real-time student data entry into Salesforce and other systems
- Support with hiring activities for Technical Instructor staff openings including Instructional Assistants, Technical Instructors, and other roles as needed
- Provide input on technical curriculum and ensure all new curriculum updates are applied in the classroom for current and new program offerings
- Work in partnership with Director, Technical Instruction and Senior Director, RTT to meet key outcome measures including enrollment, certification, graduation, placement, and retention KPIs
- Monitor course piloting and implementation process to review/make recommendations for how to improve and edit curricula.
- Facilitate the ongoing evaluation and assessment of learner outcomes and KPIs.
- Work with Director, Technical Instruction to manage newly hired instructional team staff members as they complete the PS Onboarding course delivered via Canvas.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- At least two years of technical instruction experience required. Bachelor’s degree in a computer science related discipline can be considered
- Experience in coaching, training, and/or mentoring preferred. Demonstrated interest in working in staff professional growth and development required
- Industry certifications preferred
- Experience with student assessment and ability to continuously evaluate the curriculum to identify areas for improvement preferred
- Familiarity with Linux, Apple, Windows OS, Windows Server Environments, Firewalls, Infrastructure hardware is preferred
- Proficiency in TCP/IP networking and networking protocols, as well as Microsoft Windows operating systems including console/terminal usage, is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills – Experience working with diverse individuals and groups with varying learning styles; experience in workforce development a plus
- Process-oriented & highly organized with excellent problem-solving skills
- Team-oriented, highly responsive communicator, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in being part of a culture of continuous improvement
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission
- You are data-driven, results-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change
- You have a collaborative and flexible workstyle. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills
- You are tech-savvy and can learn quickly
- You are strong at managing your time and can balance multiple projects and tasks
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits such as healthcare and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive and proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development, we prepare motivated and curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as IT professionals, and we create on-ramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in eight cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Greater Boston, MA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; the National Capital Region; Newark, NJ; and New York, NY. To date, Per Scholas has trained over 9,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life-changing skills and careers in technology.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!