Manager, Technical SEO at Home Depot
Manager, Technical SEO (Remote)
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
JOB ID: 166573
The Home Depot is able to offer virtual employment of this position in the following states: AL, AK, AZ, AR, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
The Earned Media Manager, Technology is responsible for managing a team of Associates, and to develop a deep understanding and executing the overall company strategy that relates to Earned Media/SEO technology.
This role is expected to be a thought leader for scalable new programs for internal and external teams, and then work with key stakeholders to drive successful executions. These programs may include, but are not limited to: recommend solutions for new experiences on HomeDepot.com, recommend scalable strategies to help teams and customers, maintenance of current strategies, and improve current operations of Earned Media.
This individual must possess a strong understanding of the Earned Media/SEO landscape for maximizing the organic discoverability within search engines at scale. The manager is also responsible for overseeing the ownership, communication and execution of The Home Depot’s enterprise marketing strategy and prioritizes within their team’s workload. It is also expected that the manager will measure and communicate results with team, business and IT partners on a daily basis.
Leadership, management, influential and motivational skills are necessary, as the manager will lead a team and work with interdependent cross-functional stakeholders not limited to: Store Operations, Product Management, Earned Media, Merchandising, IT, Engineering and others to ideate and execute support for our rapidly growing businesses and technologies. This individual will collaborate across teams, creating effective partnerships, and leveraging direction from the Sr. Manager and Director of Earned Media.
Experience developing strategies and prioritization backed by data driven decisions are vital. This is a high-profile position that interacts across the Online, Store, IT, Merchandising and Marketing teams and at various levels, so the ability to communicate with and among diverse audiences is necessary.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- 40% – Manages the identification, definition, and execution of complex Earned Media strategies and roadmaps that typically involve multiple internal (online, marketing, merchandising, product management, technology) and external (agencies, 3rd party vendors) partners. This will include recommendations for site structure and content development or technology and user experience enhancements that enhances the discoverability of The Home Depot within Earned Media.
- 20% – Creates and implements processes to optimize the efficiency of the team for data collection and analysis by leveraging internal and external partners in the workflow of improving key categories.
- 20% – Measures the ongoing effectiveness of the team’s efforts against target metrics, and makes frequent adjustments to strategy to support the customer and business needs.
- 20% – Responsible the team’s efforts in evangelizing the evolving world of search engines and Earned Media more generally at all levels of the organization in terms of best practices, industry standards, and legal requirements, especially within the merchandising community.
Nature and Scope:
- The position reports to the Sr. Manager, Earned Media or Director of Earned Media.
- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others in addition to personnel management including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
For Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City residents: The pay range for this position is between $80,000 and 130,000. Starting salary may vary based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the position being offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. The Home Depot offers additional competitive financial and non-financial benefits, which may include a performance-based bonus program or a profit sharing program depending on position.
Environmental Job Requirements:
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.