Manager, Tax Accounting at Vituity
Manager, Tax Accounting (Remote – Nationwide) – Vituity Practice Management – Emeryville
Corporate Full-Time Emeryville, California Office Operations Leadership
Tax Accounting Manager – Vituity Practice Management
At Vituity, We Combine Knowledge+Humanity
If you want to be part of changing healthcare to better serve patients, you are in the right place. Vituity brings together a committed team of clinicians and business professionals to care for patients with acute medical conditions, making a big difference in the lives of our 6.5 million patients nationwide. If you want to work with a diverse group of people who are tackling some of the healthcare industry’s most challenging situations from the inside, look no further. As a Vitan, you’ll work with health systems and providers nationwide to develop and implement innovative solutions. With nearly 50 years of leading change, you’ll join a team of individuals dedicated to our culture of caring.
The Impact You’ll Make
In this role, you will manage the maintenance and enhancements of multiple accounting systems: Journal entries, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Revenue Reconciliation, Tax Filing, Cash Flows, etc. in accordance with GAAP policies and procedures. You will design operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency, ensure integration of data produced into systems, support objectives of financial analysts, facilitate the annual audits and special projects, coordinate the work of external tax advisor and provide all the necessary data, work with auditors to provide required information and ensure proper recordkeeping for historical purposes. You will select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the accounting departments including tax reporting.
- Provide technical direction and support within the accounting department.
- Provide mentorship to staff accountants for business and accounting practices.
- Establish and monitor internal control of assets, including developing and writing accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparing the cash basis financials for all medical groups for tax purposes.
- Work with the Assistant Controller/Controller to prepare annual GAAP basis financial statements.
- Coordinate the annual audit and support K1 preparation.
- Prepare annual tax return filing for the partnership and corporation.
- Ensure that the monthly closing process is completed in a timely fashion and ensure all transactions are accurately recorded.
- Build and update financial reports.
- Assist in the NetSuite bank reconciliation process and enhance other NetSuite/Coupa/Concur processes.
What You Will Bring
We’d love to hear from candidates with:
Required Experience and Competencies:
- Seven or more years of experience in Accounting (including tax experience).
- Two to three years of progressive management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
Preferred Talent Assets:
- Experience working with a multi-state company.
- Experience with NetSuite ERP.
- Prior experience in the healthcare industry.
Vituity Values: #CultureofCaring
When you are a part of Vituity, you embody a Culture of Caring by approaching every human interaction with compassion and heart. With a Servant Leadership philosophy, we focus on what we can accomplish when we put our patients and colleagues first. An Ownership Mentality means you have mutual accountability to drive positive change for Vituity as a whole. Finally, our focus on Innovation enables you to re-imagine healthcare and bring about lasting change.
Each Vitan is expected to demonstrate a commitment to service, values, and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times in interactions with physicians, patients, visitors, and colleagues.
Benefits & Beyond
We care about the whole you! Our best-in-class competitive benefits package incorporates offer opportunities for where you are today and what you may need in the future.
- Superior health plan options
- Top Tier 401(k) retirement savings plans that offer a very generous match
- Outstanding Paid Time Off: Three weeks vacation, Paid holidays, Sabbatical
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Wellness Program
- Professional and Career Development Program
Apply today to join a community of healthcare professionals committed to a standard of excellence through recruiting and retaining a diverse group of talent. Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is at the heart of our organization at all levels!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!