Manager, Sales Operations at BetterLesson
Manager, Sales Operations
BetterLesson empowers K-12 teachers to build a modern classroom: learner-centered, culturally responsive, and personalized. Instead of the conventional one-size-fits-all professional development format for educators, BetterLesson supports teachers in a way that’s personalized and continuous — using a mix of remote 1:1 coaching, remote team coaching, remote workshops, and in-person workshops, all supported by the BetterLesson Lab software. We match each teacher with a world-class coach and then leverage our technology to suggest customized teaching strategies, to measure impact on student learning, and to improve teaching practice continuously through rapid iteration. This process leads to off-the-charts teacher love (our data shows teachers love BetterLesson more than Apple users love their iPhones), high administrator engagement, and, most importantly, dramatic teacher and student growth.
BetterLesson has raised over $30M of venture capital and grant funding, serves over 200 school districts, sees 850K+ monthly active users accessing our online lessons and strategies, and is expanding quickly.
We are a growing team of teaching practice geeks, educational opportunity devotees, and product development specialists. We place tremendous value on our company’s roots and culture: a shared passion to transform professional learning for educators at scale and a sense of urgency to achieve this vision on behalf of students. All candidates should have the experience, competence, and enthusiasm to dive into our highly dynamic organization headfirst and rapidly solve complex, exciting, and interconnected problems. We offer a unique opportunity to join a small team, have flexible hours, and make a massive impact on our education system.
As Sales Operations Manager, you are the trusted partner with a Sales VP to help identify and execute improvements to sales training, processes, and strategy. We need someone that can think strategically and execute programmatically. You’re able to build relationships within the sales organization, identify gaps and opportunities and deliver the resources, tools, and assets the team needs to sell successfully.
What you will do:
- Assist with onboarding & training of Directors of Partnerships
- Coordinate cross-functionally to deliver process improvements, playbooks, toolkits, and skills development
- Help inform the sales operations process to enable sales team productivity and remove bottlenecks working with Director of Revenue Operations
- Collaborate with Director of Revenue Operations to generate data-driven insights and recommendations on pipeline, segmentation and targeting, and sales motion
- Review tools such as Chorus videos and Xvoyant data to identify best practices that can be used for on boarding and training
- Work alongside VP of Sales and Director of Revenue Operations to standardize business reporting and create weekly, monthly and quarterly slide decks for the sales team and leadership
- Work cross functionally with leaders to identify bottlenecks or inefficiencies with HVP protocols and roles and responsibilities in order to improve processes
- Interpret metrics & analytical data to help VP of Sales make data backed business decisions
What you have done:
- 5+ years experience in a sales operations, leadership or training role. Strong preference for experience in the K12 market.
- Experience streamlining and optimizing the sales process with quantifiable results
- Solid understanding of how to effectively leverage and interact with various teams throughout the organization
- Strong organizational skills and program management capabilities
- Proven ability to identify and lead growth enabling initiatives
- Have owned the end to end process of tracking the sales process and conversion rates throughout the sales funnel
- Built reports that inform sales reps, managers, and leadership on historical results, current performance and expected results in the future
- Used both data and intuition to develop simple solutions to complex issues
- Strong ability to take initiative and prioritize time well
- Very comfortable in Salesforce, Excel, Powerpoint and G Suite
Specific Duties for Sales Operations Manager:
Oversee the sales funnel
- Making sure contacts are moving through the sales funnel smoothly
- Tracking conversion rates through each stage of the funnel, analyzing pertinent data in order to make sound recommendations for how to improve the funnel’s performance.
- Uncover sticking points that could impact sales velocity and propose and implement solutions for improvement
Cross Functional Coordination Between Sales, Solution Design and Implementation Teams
- Manage efficiencies for HVP to include modifying roles and responsibilities across team members as needed
- Identify inefficiencies and propose solutions between teams
Streamlining and optimizing the sales process
- Pinpoint areas of our team’s sales process that could be costing us valuable deals
- Propose solutions to keep our sales process in top shape
- Review Chorus videos and Xvoyant data to inform ongoing training
- Ensure sales team has the tools they need to succeed by evaluating usage and capability of the tools we currently have
- Source and recommend the implementation of sales automation systems our team will need in the future
- Developing and distributing the most up to date contract and proposal templates.
Analyze Salesforce Data
- Manage contact lists, ensure that Salesforce data is up to date, audit data for consistency, ensure that DPs are using consistent naming conventions
- Update Salesforce data on a consistent basis ie buyer roles, past due close dates, accurate product codes
- Assure most valuable data is up-to-date and consistent
Perform Sales Forecasting
- Manage forecasting and data analysis in order to provide valuable insights into the team’s performance, and what’s needed to continue growing the business
- Create slides for VP of Sales to share forecasting and data analysis at the DP team level along with data slides appropriate for the executive team to maintain alignment on key performance indicators and PTG
- Review renewal portfolios by DP to assure accuracy in accounts
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to track progress to KPIs and sales goals at an individual and team level for use by the VP of Sales in 1:1 coaching sessions and DP team meetings
Work with sales leadership to develop organizational goals
- Work with VP of Sales to provide data-driven input on future organizational goals
- Be a point person for relevant data analysis that informs future sales targets to include new and renewal business
We Can Offer You:
- the opportunity to work with an awesome team to solve important problems.
- a competitive salary.
- health and other employee benefits.
- equity in the business you are helping to build.
- a flexible schedule and vacation policy.
- the opportunity to spend everyday working to improve outcomes for teachers and students.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!