Manager, Sales Development Representative Team Lead at SparkPost
Manager SDR Team Lead
- Denver, Colorado
- Columbia, Maryland
- Remote, United States
SparkPost unifies email delivery with analytics, leveraging the world’s largest commercial email delivery data footprint. Customers rely on SparkPost’s infrastructure and insights to execute data-driven email programs that meet and exceed their business objectives. Our software sends nearly 40% of the world’s commercial email–that’s 4.4 trillion emails a year–for some of the world’s most sophisticated email senders, including Salesforce, Oracle, Adobe, Capital One, Zillow, Pinterest, and Twitter.
We at SparkPost see the Sales Development Representative role as a critical part of our sales program. We’re looking for a fearless, energetic, driven and detail-oriented team player that will be able to hit the ground running and make a direct impact on our growing enterprise software company.
As a leader, you’ll be responsible for strategically and creatively generating interest for SparkPost and building pipeline from inbound and outbound leads at both Mid-Market and Enterprise level companies. You’ll also work closely with Marketing to help create and tweak company messaging based off of the conversations you have every day.
- As player/coach, you will lead, train, grow a team of best in class SDR team
- Onboard new reps and provide continual training for team
- Be hands on coach, mentoring SDR team to achieve goals – and, own personal goal/quota
- Advise on outreach methods, processes, tools to optimize efficiency and effectiveness of the SDR team
- Become an expert in our tech stack (Salesforce, InsightSquared, Outreach, Sales Navigator, etc) and consistently evaluate new tools
- Measure KPIs, hold team members accountable and help remove barriers to success
- Partner with leadership in Marketing and Sales to ensure SDR goals and performance align with company goals
- Generate, develop, qualify and set new business opportunities to increase revenue opportunities for the US Sales Team
- Proactively contact target prospects via phone, email, social networking and other creative ways
- Conduct high level conversations with senior executives within target accounts
- Research and prioritize key accounts
- Build rapport with prospects through a consultative solution sales approach
- Identify and map prospects’ needs to SparkPost’s solutions
- Maintain a solid understanding of our software solutions, competitors and industry trends
- Report on weekly/monthly/quarterly sales results
- Stay up-to-date with market developments, new services and pricing
REQUIRED SALES AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Proven track record of success at SaaS companies
- Outstanding verbal communication, listening and writing skills
- Professional, energetic, positive attitude.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Success-driven with a strong work ethic.
- 2-4 years of player/coach, people management, preferably of an SDR team
- Track record of meeting and exceeding individual and team goals
- Experience with Salesforce and marketing automation tools
- Passion for coaching and training
- Data-driven and strong analytical skills
- College Degree or equivalent preferred
At SparkPost, we are committed to excellence and passionate about technology. We have high standards for our people and in turn offer a work environment that fosters training and development with a generous compensation and benefits package.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!