Website Teach For America
Manager, Recruitment and Admission Strategy (Flexible, anywhere in the U.S.)
We are looking to hire an exceptional thinker who is motivated by excellence and values the opportunity to be a part of a non-profit, social justice organization. The ideal candidate is curious and highly motivated by outcomes; the below team description compels and excites you to commit to this work of fighting for education equity by recognizing your unique contribution on the team and leveraging the power of data-driven decision making.
The RTAT Strategy Team, the research and strategic arm of the recruitment and admissions team, which seeks to be strong innovators across the Teach For America program continuum. We seek and produce big results (at a blisteringly fast pace with a strong record of return on investment): big changes with proof of impact. By uniting our individual forces, we will solve challenges, many of which are not yet even known, by developing structures, systems, and models that will transform many of our core aspects of recruiting. This will require us to scope opportunity, build and construct solutions and keep our technical learnings on the cutting edge of other teams internal to TFA and our competitors. We will rely on continuous feedback, learning, and co-construction to push our frontiers of exploration. We will take bold initiative with a specific focus on respect + humility, in an effort to lead through engaging our stakeholders in exciting and impactful work to recruit a large, diverse, and talented corps.
This position will report to the Managing Director, Recruitment and Admission Strategy.
Our recruitment team’s charge is to recruit a high quality, diverse and large corps that meets the needs of our regions. To meet this responsibility, the Recruitment Team engages with thousands of leaders across college campuses and professional career sectors to draw attention to educational inequity in the US and inspire great people to choose the corps as a means of expanding opportunities for kids.
- Build and validate reports in a number of data reporting systems (30%)
- Conduct complex analysis (20%)
- Run statistical models with an opportunity to build new models (20)%
- Communicate findings in a way that influences and motivates a broader team not necessarily focused-on or driven by data (10%)
- Present hypothesis based ideas for research with an opportunity to lead projects (10%)
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (Recruitment, Admissions, Org-Wide Learning, Marketing, etc.) (10%)
An Example Week in the Role
- AM: prep data for model #2 analysis including data pulls, gathering execution notes from teammates, etc.
- PM: running model #4 and compiling information to send to teammates
- AM: brainstorming new variables for the new model
- PM: completing analysis of model #8 to describe and identify characteristics of exceptions in model #8
- AM: prepping powerpoint deck and attending/contributing to call in which team presents new research to partner teams
- PM: work time on independent project
- AM: prepping the data for the primary projection model
- PM: writing a summary of trends on prospects and applicants to TFA
- AM: work time on independent project
- PM: prepping data to run through model #11
- 1 – 4 years of work experience
- Former Teach For America Corps Member or staff member preferred but not required
- May require some evening and weekend work around tight timelines
- Basic level skills in Microsoft tools, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
- Compelling communication skills
- Self-driven curiosity for learning
- Motivated by a relentless pursuit of outcomes
- Embodies Teach For America core values
- Self-reflective and desire for constant improvement and learning
- Expert level skills in Microsoft tools, primarily Excel and Powerpoint
- Proficiency in at least one statistical package, including but not limited to STATA, R, or Python
- BA/BS degree
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online application. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the link to the online application.
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Learn more at www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/employee-benefits. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Teach For America encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. Learn more about our diversity on staff: www.teachforamerica.org/about-us/careers/life-at-tfa/workforce-diversity-and-inclusiveness.
Teach For America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This job description reflects Teach For America’s assignment of essential functions and qualifications of the role. Nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time.