Manager Pharamacovigilance at PPD - Pharmaceutical Product Development
Manager Pharamacovigilance – 163576
- The Manager, Pharmacovigilance (PVG) coordinates and manages contracted safety responsibilities for one or more programs, including staffing, training, and procedural compliance. Responsible for the management of the Safety Administrators and Safety Specialists on their respective programs.
- Ensures team has sufficient resources and provides direction on assigned projects and tasks. Works with other Managers and senior management to develop consistent internal processes and ensures compliance with established processes. Provides plans and accurate forecasts for all projects and ensures timely progress by monitoring study metrics.
- Proactively liaises with the Project Manager and clients to ensure optimal performance and utilization of the safety project team. Manages all aspects of multiple projects, both local and globally, ensuring that contractual, procedural and regulatory requirements are met. This may include serving as back-up for project coverage when needed.
- Responsible for hiring, training and performance management of project team members including performance reviews and salary administration.
- Reviews regulatory/pharmacovigilance publications and information sources to keep updated on current regulations, practices, procedures and proposals.
- Maintains medical understanding of applicable therapeutic area and disease states. May participate in on-call duties for specific projects to ensure 24-hour coverage for safety reporting.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Medical Technology or Pharmacy with 5+ years of clinical experience to include 3+ years of safety experience
- 1 year of management experience or 2 years of mentoring/supervisory experience
- Or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid project management skills, including financial management with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to coordinate, manage and motivate a team
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and ensure successful completion
- Ability to act as a liaison and communicate respectfully and diplomatically with all clients, management, project team members, and other internal staff
- Ability to conduct performance management and salary administration and manage employee relations and training/mentoring tasks for direct reports
- Strong knowledge of relevant therapeutic areas as required for processing AEs
- General understanding of pathophysiology and the disease process
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor in challenging circumstances
- Ability to manage and prioritize a variety of tasks and meet strict deadlines without supervision
- Ability to work effectively within a team to attain a shared goal
- Advanced computer skills with the ability to work within multiple databases
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (including Outlook, Word, and Excel) and safety databases
- Good command of English and ability to translate information into local language where required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including paraphrasing skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of the global regulatory requirements and the importance of and compliance with procedural documents
- Excellent ability to evaluate and escalate as appropriate
Organization – Pharmacovigilance & Drug Safety
Primary Location – North America
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!