Manager of Job Research at FlexJobs
Manager of Job Research
- Full-time employee, flexible schedule, telecommute
- Locations: CA, CO, CT, FL, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MN, NC, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA
Who We Are
Our mission is to improve the future of work by helping people find flexible jobs that make their lives better. We are committed to doing this internally and externally with integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
In the past 13 years, FlexJobs has established itself as the leader in the professional flexible job market to help job seekers connect with employers that offer these highly desired arrangements, as well as to help employers reach these candidates. We do this in a way that makes the job search experience easier, safer, and faster for job seekers, by utilizing both technology and human intelligence to provide a friendly, effective, and valuable service.
In terms of work flexibility, we also walk the talk! This is a remote job, as our entire team works remotely from locations all across the United States. Not only that, but having a great company culture is really important to us, and we’ve even been named one of Outside magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019) and Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur magazine (2018, 2017, and 2015). To learn more about our current team, you can explore our Team & Culture page.
Responsibilities of the Job: The Opportunity
The people on the jobs team include researchers, data entry specialists, and job specialists that each play a specific role in finding those “needles in the haystacks” that give our job seekers hope in a variety of different circumstances. The Manager of Job Research role is a new position that will be important to the continued success, health, and growth of the team. A big part of the job will be building and nurturing relationships, establishing clear and effective communication, helping to make sure processes are optimized, and tracking results.
This position will report directly to and support the senior director of job research. Specific duties that you will assist the senior director with include, but are not limited to: managing employee performance; monitoring the work of and relationships with freelancers; tracking and reporting of metrics; managing job feeds; hiring and onboarding of new hires; and other team projects.
Your Experience and Skills
- 5-7 years experience in a remote leadership role that includes a team of employees and freelancers
- Leadership approach that encourages collaboration and proactive communication, and the ability to be comfortable with making a decision when needed
- Highly focused and super detail-oriented
- Outstanding active listening skills and the ability to problem solve quickly and effectively
- Solid research skills and a healthy dose of skepticism
Traits Required of All Team Members, You Included
- A sense of pride in your work
- A streak of perfectionism when it comes to details
- Being highly organized, responsible, and ethical
- Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
- Interest in a long-term position with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
- A fully functioning home office, including high-speed internet access, a fast computer, and phone access
- A work environment that is quiet and one in which you can really focus without distractions
How to Apply
If this job description makes you feel as if it was written perfectly for you, then please apply! What we’ll need:
- An intro email/cover letter telling us why you want to work for FlexJobs (vs. another company)
- What makes you a great fit for this position
- What hourly rate or salary you would be comfortable with
- Complete this Pairin assessment
- A current resume in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .markdown, or .txt
Applications can be sent through FlexJobs or by email to email@example.com.
If you are selected to move forward, you may be required to do a background check.
FlexJobs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. As a part of this commitment, we have pledged to be an Open to All business.
FlexJobs is also a veteran- and military spouse-friendly employer. Our positions are perfectly structured for qualified candidates who meet this criterion and we have a workplace culture that supports their work and life.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!