Manager of Employment Law and Compliance at Elements Global Services
Employment Lawyer – North America
We are seeking a senior experienced Manager of Employment Law & Compliance for North America to join our Legal Team. The successful candidate will join a collegial and hard-working team of employment attorneys who work closely with our internal Human Resources Department, HR Service Delivery Team, Employee Relations and Global Compliance teams to support the company’s various businesses and functions. This position will report to the Director of Employment Law & Compliance and could be a remote position (Home Office) within USA or Canada.
Your responsibilities include
- Provide practical sound legal advice and counsel to internal Human Resources and management on all legal issues concerning the employer/employee relationship, including but not limited to hiring, employment agreement review, leaves and accommodations, terminations and rightsizing, as well as due diligence under our EOR Services.
- Primarily responsible for drafting and negotiating employment letters, analyzing employment- and compensation-related issues, and working with business leaders to structure and document benefits and ex-patriot arrangements for new and existing employees and consultants.
- Working with our Human Resources department on employee-related topics.
- Negotiating and drafting separation agreements and advising the company on related legal issues such as enforcement of restrictive covenants.
- Providing advice on legally related HR issues
- Advice and counsel will be both on day-to-day issues as well as strategic and systemic initiatives.
- Respond on behalf of company to attorney demand letters and agency matters, including government-initiated inquiries and audits.
- Strategically and in a cost-effective manner, manage and partner with outside counsel in employment litigation matters.
- Negotiate with opposing counsel regarding separation agreements.
- Provide counsel on various human resources policies and programs, including diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Provide employment law support for internal and external HR Services integration and divestiture efforts.
- We are proud to announce that, in the scope of an innovative new business approach, this is partly a client facing role, working closely together with the Operations Department, which gives you the opportunity to achieve a unique insight into the business and to make a real difference in terms of contributing excellence to our clients’ experience.
- In good standing in all jurisdictions where admitted (Bar)
- 5-8 years of relevant experience practicing international employment law.
- Strong command of international employment laws, regulations and best practices.
- Experience handling non-compete and other restrictive covenant matters.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, client relationships and business acumen.
- Must possess a strong work ethic; be creative, proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, self-directed and highly ethical
- Substantive experience drafting and negotiating employment agreements both domestically and internationally.
- Practical, commercial and solution-oriented problem solving approach;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to identify risks and convey advice;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to interact confidently and respectfully with peers as well as more junior or senior team members;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Maturity, integrity, humility and ability to maintain confidences and be discreet;
- Strong work ethic;
- Detail-oriented and process-driven
- Responsive and reliable
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about identifying areas to add value.
- Prior in-house experience preferred.
- Immigration experience a plus.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!