Manager, New Business Exploration at Clipboard Health
Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote
Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. The average nursing assistant without a college degree makes $36k a year; the average nursing assistant on Clipboard Health makes $53k a year and the top 5% make $74k a year. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time & ambition into career growth. We have healthcare professionals texting us photos of a car they were finally able to buy, a school & church they’re building in their native Haiti with money they earn here, and more.
We achieve this by working with healthcare facilities such as hospitals, assisted living facilities, and rehab centers to provide on-demand nursing staff. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when they want, and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to get staff when they need it.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a Series C, an extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the healthcare staffing industry. We’re a post-product-market fit with substantive revenue.
Clipboard Health is a diverse and inclusive company with a globally remote team of 600+ people. We’ve been featured on YC’s Top Companies and grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. We need your help to keep growing so we can serve more healthcare professionals, healthcare facilities, and patients.
About the role
We are looking for a multi-faceted “founder” to build new businesses from within Clipboard Health.
Today, most of Clipboard Health’s sales are to long-term care facilities. We are looking for somebody to identify new healthcare facility types to sell to, understand what kind of services they need, generate the initial sales, and scale new businesses over time.
You will manage a team, which already exists, that is dedicated to New Business sales. You will also build other functions within your team dedicated to building processes to service these needs.
This is a sample of what you will do:
- Analyze markets by understanding their TAM, unit economics, and market dynamics in order to prioritize verticals.
- Lead an inside sales team that will call healthcare facilities, gather their requirements, and sell staffing services. You will need to understand the root cause of customer needs through many customers interviews.
- Build and optimize internal processes to fill shifts, gather nurse documents, and onboard facilities.
- Gather technical requirements that are needed to satisfy new verticals and collaborate with the product and engineering teams to build those into our product (or a new product).
What you should expect:
- You should be comfortable doing everything: Calling facilities, selling, writing plans, developing internal processes, etc.
- We write a lot. You will write frequent strategy documents, which answer questions such as: “What metrics are we trying to move?” “What does ‘success’ look like?” “If this fails, what are the most likely reason?” We do lots of training and coaching on writing.
- You will have a major impact on the future of the company.
- You will work cross-functionally with all departments, including sales, product management, engineering, data science, marketing, customer support, and new business exploration.
- You will have direct access to the most senior leaders in the company, and they will see weekly updates on your work.
- You will report to the Head of Sales, who formerly was on the product team.
You’re a good candidate if:
- You are a builder. You have founded companies or build side projects frequently.
- You launch quickly. When you craft a new offering or service, you get version 1 in front of customers within two weeks.
- You’re inquisitive. You don’t stop with surface level answers and instead ask “why, why, why” until you understand problems at the root level.
- You are a clear writer. You should be comfortable with 5-20 pages of clear, analytical writing each week.
- You like to move fast. You plan an experiment and get results within days, not months. Your projects will change constantly because our business needs change rapidly.
- You’re proficient with analytics and reporting tools. SQL and python scripting is a bonus but not required. You should, though, be comfortable with pivot tables, joining data tables, cohort analyses, and regression.