Manager, Market & Business Development
- Business Development/Sales
- USA – Any Region – Home Based
The Market & Business Development Manager (inside sales) will work collaboratively across all lines of the PAREXEL business to insure the appropriate solution is being presented to the customer/prospect. This person will be responsible for facilitating the development of market leads for PAREXEL Senior Sales staff or key Subject Matter Experts across all new and existing clients. Primary responsibilities will include identifying and developing business opportunities within the market space: developing a pipeline and strategies in concert with senior leadership to gain better position for opportunities through targeting and capturing of key contract vehicle; identifying customer needs for existing markets and products; assisting in the management and execution of a portfolio of programs and developing winning proposals; providing input into strategy development for programs and tasks, as well as execution of tasks as required; and engaging in customer development and management as required.
- Work strategically with Marketing and Sales Teams to generate marketing campaigns for all lines of the PAREXEL business including promoting webinars, customer days and other marketing-driven events.
- Analyze potential opportunities and develop strategies to support increasing client awareness and engagement; monitor actions and results against plans
- Schedule introductory business development calls, conference calls and demos between sales team members and target company decision-makers.
- Work closely with, Sales Associates and Account Executives to ensure smooth transfer of information and accounts.
- Collaborate with Director of Market Development, senior Sales staff, and Subject Matter Experts to develop market strategies to generate leads with new clients; re-engage past clients, and within current core accounts across all PAREXEL service lines.
- Respond to PAREXEL web leads / inbound requests as first point of contact to conduct needs assessment
- Use web-based tools such as Jigsaw, LinkedIn, Google, etc. to develop client contacts
- Track all activity with prospects and clients in PAREXEL’s CRM system
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures
- Must be a quick learner who excels in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Proven analytical skills, critical thinking and writing skills
- Minimum of 3 year of industry experience in the Biopharmaceutical and/or Medical Device industries
- Ideal candidate will have 5 years of experience with a combination of experience in Marketing, Sales, and/or Business Development
- Superior negotiation skills with sound business judgment
- Ability to quickly assess situations and opportunities
- Positive, outwardly energetic leadership style that leverages relationships and inspires confidence in others
- Ability to anticipate potential issues and suggest creative alternatives to overcome barriers
- Ability to work within a multi-functional, global team structure and to motivate team members and peers with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or equivalent