Manager, Life Underwriting – Remote Position
- Life Insurance
Responsible for Risk Selection’s day to day Underwriting operations. Ensures work is handled in a timely and effective manner with an emphasis on building and maintaining client relationships and making business decisions that align with the Divisions strategies and risk tolerance.
- Plans, organizes and distributes day to day workflow for the team
- Provides leadership and manages Underwriters who are responsible for assessing risk on all life insurance products
- Provides leadership, training, and development opportunities to staff regarding performance and development.
- Reviews, analyzes, and documents evidence for New Business to determine appropriate risk classifications. Signing authority up to $15 million.
- Builds business relationships with life insurance producers, PL field personnel, industry groups and other internal/external customers.
Minimum 7 years experience underwriting in the life insurance business, including knowledge and understanding of financial concepts/terminology and medical terminology.
Experience to include:
- Ability to motivate, develop, and direct staff
- Knowledge and experience with Medical Information Bureau (MIB) coding
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate with various levels of professionals
- 5 – 10 years experience writing documents such as emails, correspondence, adverse disclosure notices, etc.
- College degree or equivalent experience preferred
Req Number: 4226BR
Position Location(s): Aliso Viejo, CA, Chicago, IL, Lynchburg, VA, Minneapolis, MN, Nashville, TN, Newport Beach, CA, Omaha, NE
Full Time / Part Time: full time