Manager, Human Resources Operations at WideOrbit
Manager, Human Resources Operations
Say hello to a Wider World. WideOrbit helps media companies do more business by making it easier to complete more sales. We build the one platform that ties everything together from TV, radio, and digital ad sales, to reporting, invoicing, and payments. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, or on your favorite streaming service or podcast, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, ViacomCBS, A+E Networks, Hearst Media, and many more industry leaders around the world.
At WideOrbit, we make preserving our inclusive environment an ongoing priority, empowering team members to contribute at every level, in every function. We hire high-energy innovators who value diversity, unafraid to wield their passion and expertise to advocate for our customers and each other. At WideOrbit, you’ll make a difference and see your impact every day, while learning, growing, and enjoying what you do!
We are looking for a strategic, analytical and people-focused HR professional with experience as both an HRIS and HR operations lead, who is ready, willing and able to roll up their sleeves to elevate the people operations function at WideOrbit as a Manager, HR Operations. The Manager in this role will focus on creating scalable infrastructure, while creating continuous improvement across day-to-day HR operations.
Reporting to the Head of HR, this position provides leadership and direction for HR operations, to achieve WideOrbit business goals through human capital. This is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle HR support to our employees and leaders.
This role is responsible for building and branding a strong HR operations function within WideOrbit across the following key areas:
- Compliance: define, own and lead all HR compliance activities, inclusive of auditing current practices, presenting recommendations, implementing needed changes and activities as well as, defining a manageable process to ensure both State and Federal compliance matters are easily tracked and maintained.
- Workforce Data Management: own, improve and continuously leverage HRIS (ADP), inclusive of establishing reporting capabilities, HR dashboards, and predictive analytics to drive strong workforce decisions. Ensure all data is 100% accurate and our processes are efficient, integrated, and aligned. Lead people analytics, ensuring a high level of data integrity, and drawing insights and actions from people data.
- Customer Service: lead a Sr HR Specialist to address day to day HR requests from approximately 500 employees, inclusive of defining needed workflows, HR programs, providing and implementing strong guidance and decisions, and reflecting appropriate levels of urgency to instill confidence.
- On/Off Boarding: continuously build and improve on-boarding, Orientation, and off-boarding workflows, processes and programs, inclusive of defining needed workflows, building tools and aides, creating and owning presentation materials, and creating/implementing needed metrics.
- Consulting: partner with the business and HRBPs in defining needed HR offerings, leading implementations, and/or driving change management.
- Immigration: partner with HRBPs and leaders across WideOrbit to manage the end-to-end immigration process and workflow.
- Operations: on a day-to-day basis, roll up your sleeves and help manage employee inquiries and proactively trouble shoot and problem solve; prioritizing and re-prioritizing, utilizing strong communication and follow up skills.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience building, leading and managing HR operations and HRIS
- Experience supporting both exempt and non-exempt corporate/professional workforces
- Comprehensive knowledge of employment laws and HR best practices
Skills and Approach:
- ADP/HRIS Subject Matter Expert
- Excellent project management skills
- Self-starter with a passion and track record of continuous improvement and automating processes
- Proactively, consistently and with transparency takes ownership and accountability
- Data driven with the ability to generate HR analysis, dashboards and insights
- Able to effectively handle ambiguity and manage change
- Team player and collaborator
- Strong service orientation with commitment to providing excellent employee experience
- Strong communicator with the ability to provide both strategic foresight and feedback while building effective business relationships
- Unquestioned integrity and the experience to effectively address sensitive HR and business issues
- Detail-oriented and process driven
- Sensitive to and proactively works toward, the cultural diversity of employees
- Demonstrated experience in effectively influencing and coaching at all levels of the organization
- Proficient to advanced with MS Office Suite and SharePoint
- BA/BS degree; HR certifications a plus
Location: This position has the option to Telecommute
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a great work environment with smart and friendly coworkers, access to leadership and knowledge about how your work impacts company success, here are some of our benefits and perks:
A competitive salary, health insurance, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, stocked caf, 401(k) match, and plenty of opportunities to grow!
We are committed to treating all applicants fairly, WideOrbit is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants whose histories are impacted by our justice system, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!