Manager, Finance Financial Planning and Accounting at March of Dimes
Manager, Finance FP & A
Employment Type: Full Time Regular
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We’re advocating for policies to protect them. We’re working to radically improve the health care they receive. We’re pioneering research to find solutions. We’re empowering families with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we’re building a brighter future for us all.
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
We are seeking a dynamic Finance professional to join our team. This position is responsible for providing management analysis and will assist with all financial planning activities (budgeting and forecasting). This individual will also provide specific support for various functions.
- Responsible for managing the budget process. This includes transitioning to a new Cloud based solution.
- Assist functions with budget planning, monitor timelines.
- Assist with the forecast for expenses.
- Provide financial insight working in partnership with the other members of finance; the SSC, Payroll and Purchasing.
- Provide insight to Directors and Sr. Directors of risks and opportunities by monitoring the BVAs by function
- Manage and coordinate all related activities for tracking and trending donations, pledges and bequests. Work with the CRM Team for Report generation as needed.
- Assist with the forecast of Revenue and Grant Revenue
Financial Package Management:
- Build and drive an efficient, user friendly process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to the strategic objectives.
- Support finance management in budget development, management and with mitigation plans, if necessary.
Business analytics and Metrics:
- Deliver value-added business analysis as well as define and measure meaningful financial and operational metrics throughout the business that lead to insightful business decision-making.
- Oversee comprehensive reporting, analyses and projections of metrics and financials.
- Manage all bank reconciliations with the goal of consolidation of al field bank accounts.
- Assist in the external audit managing deliverables and assisting in any audit responses
- Various field accounting duties including purchasing, payroll, compliance, journal entries and reconciliations.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles with focus on Not for Profit accounting application.
- Statutory requirements of Not for profit governing bodies.
- Hands on as well as the ability to instruct other professionals on use of Accounting and related computer systems.
- Knowledge of the insurance field, with focus on commercial and employee benefit plans.
- Knowledge of application of Internal Control functions.
March of Dimes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!