Manager, Family Engagement and Organizational Development at Special Olympics
Manager, Family Engagement and Organizational Development
Job Category: Organizational Excellence
Requisition Number: MANAG001616
Position Title: Manager, Family Engagement and Organizational Development
Location: Remote/Washington D.C. (recruit in approved global locations)
Departments: Organizational Excellence
Reports to: TBC, Organizational Excellence
Special Olympics Inc. (SOI) is an international NGO providing sports training and competition to more than 6 million people with intellectual disabilities (ID) in over 170 countries. Special Olympics is seeking a passionate individual dedicated to organizational development and empowering local communities to achieve the Special Olympics mission. Families are critical to local community programming and the Special Olympics movement overall. Family members provide support and empower their family member participating in Special Olympics, but also serving in leadership and volunteer roles. The Manager will join the Organizational Excellence team and be responsible for establishing family engagement strategies to empower family
members to serve as local Special Olympics volunteers and leaders. They will also collaborate with departments and regions to coordinate resource development and training strategies for caregivers and family members.
- Develop 5-year overarching family strategy that engages Regional and Program staff to involve and empower families and caregivers globally.
- As part of the strategy, in collaboration with Region staff, develop volunteer and leadership pathways for family members.
- Roll-out the family engagement strategy: provide technical assistance and support to Regional staff in helping Programs
understand the important and opportunities for family engagement.
- Collaborate with other departments and regions to promote family engagement and support.
- Collaborate on research projects related to experiences of caregivers, parents, and siblings, as well as conduct evaluation of the effectiveness of Special Olympics Family engagement programming.
- Support communications in ongoing collection and sharing of sibling and family stories.
- Provide logistical support for Family registration and engagement at World Games and major events.
- Coordinate Alumni Network engagements, pairing former staff with Special Olympics Regions and Programs in need of mentoring and training.
- Support creation of tools and knowledge training sessions to improve Program quality including Program Quality Standards and Local Program Guidance roll out.
- Coordinate development of resources and best practice sharing on local programming topics such as volunteer management or local governance structures.
- Support coordination of Regional Organizational Development group, manage monthly meetings, develop annual engagement strategy for the group, gather their input on the ongoing Organizational Excellence projects.
- Support SOI’s annual census process, including overall process/system improvements, updates to metrics/guidance, development and roll out of census trainings for Program users and Regional staff.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for the Leadership Academy, including tracking of participation, action plans and results.
- Qualification in a relevant discipline such as planning, organizational development business administration, or project management
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar role and/or in the non-profit sector
- Experience working with families of people with intellectual disabilities, or organizations focused on family engagement and support
- Experience with Special Olympics country or state Program
- Positive, high energy work approach with proven ability to stay proactive and focused on routine tasks
- Ability to work day-to-day without face-to-face on-site supervision
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions and drive results
- Strong writing and communication skills, and outstanding attention to detail
- Utilization of SOI project management approach and tools to plan and execute work
- Strong analytical, organizational and prioritization skills
- Experience working professionally with people from different cultures
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!